Reducing Total Cost of Ownership through Vertical Integration
Virtualisation and cloud computing have become increasingly important as a means to increase flexibility and support growing business requirements for new IT services. Many organisations have deployed virtualised IT infrastructures based on x86 servers to take advantage of lower costs and open architecture that enables a choice of vendors for software components such as operating system, virtualization software, and management tools. Read more.
In today’s business world, on-premise infrastructure simply doesn’t make sense. Every business today is cost-driven, to some extent. Capital outlay and recurring costs are concerns that keep financial controllers awake at night – and the cost of implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure is a major factor. Cloud computing has dramatically and permanently altered the business IT landscape. ERP systems that once required large, expensive on-premise servers, with associated high implementation and maintenance costs, can now be accessed in a variety of ways that slash those costs while providing superior performance. Download whitepaper »
This paper is for companies considering an ERP and looking to justify the investment in new technology. This paper will provide methods to identify and define the full spectrum of costs and benefits associated with an ERP implementation, as well as the calculations needed to determine a true return on investment analysis. Download whitepaper »
Since implementing MYOB Advanced, Lauren and her team at the Woolcock Group have been able to streamline several processes and save an enormous amount of time. “Because we are able to build our own profit and loss reports which compare information across sub accounts, this has eliminated the need to export data to Excel to achieve the reports we need. The ability to search across multiple branches at any one time saves us time on many levels,” enthuses Lauren. In addition to this, the ability to access their accounting files through a web browser has meant the flexibility to work from anywhere, making managing all the separate businesses much easier. Download whitepaper »
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei's new smartwatch doesn't need a phone
- Relax: This phone measures your blood pressure
- This tiny chip could revolutionize smartphone and IOT security
- Torment: Tides of Numenera review: The Planescape successor you've been waiting for
- DJI's rugged Matrice 200 series drones go where no drone has gone before
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - HealthQLD
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FT.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCService Desk Analyst - TelcoTAS
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperSA
- CCApplication Packaging CoordinatorVIC
- FTSecurity Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- FTMid-Level Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCSME in Openstack, AWSNSW
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT