Best Practices for Streamlining Administration in Heterogeneous Virtualised Environments
IT teams are looking for robust, enterprise-grade virtualization platforms can now choose from VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, Microsoft Hyper-V and others. Consequently, more organisations are looking to run multiple virtualisation platforms. While monitoring and managing performance in virtualised environments has traditionally presented a range of challenges to IT administrators, those challenges are exacerbated in environments running multiple virtualisation platforms. This paper looks at how heterogeneous virtualisation environments are growing more common in today’s organisations, and it offers a set of best practices administrators can use to efficiently and effectively manage performance in these environments.
Are you protected? Get ahead of the curve with Dell EMC data protection solutions powered by Intel® Download whitepaper »
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterVIC
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- FTSENIOR DEVELOPERQLD
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW