Best Practices for Streamlining Administration in Heterogeneous Virtualised Environments
IT teams are looking for robust, enterprise-grade virtualization platforms can now choose from VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, Microsoft Hyper-V and others. Consequently, more organisations are looking to run multiple virtualisation platforms. While monitoring and managing performance in virtualised environments has traditionally presented a range of challenges to IT administrators, those challenges are exacerbated in environments running multiple virtualisation platforms. This paper looks at how heterogeneous virtualisation environments are growing more common in today’s organisations, and it offers a set of best practices administrators can use to efficiently and effectively manage performance in these environments.
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Oracle takes Java copyright dispute with Google to appeals court
- Samsung sales, profits dive on Note 7 recall
- Dyn DDoS attack came from 100,000 infected devices
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- AI and robots aren't gunning for your job, White House economist says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTMigration Release CoordinatorACT
- FTCommercial Contracts Manager - DefenceSA
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBackup ConsultantWA
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- TPPHP Junior Developer/ProgrammerQLD
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PeopleSoft HCM Global Payroll 9.1 -9.2 .NSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Frontend Developer (Angular or React or Ember)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Windows Server) 161031/AP/962Asia
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - TelcoTAS
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- FTBI Analyst - Data and FraudNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceACT
- CCApplication Performance Test Lead/ArchitectQLD
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure & Network Program Manager -Government BackgroundNSW