Why Your Current Service Desk is Failing Your Business and What to do About It
Service management platforms have a vital role to play, but in most organisations, they’re not living up to expectations—delivering far too much complexity and cost, and far too little business value. This proves true even in organisations that have migrated to new solutions in recent years. This paper outlines why legacy service desks and even newer platforms have not delivered on expectations, it describes the requirements for a service desk solution to be truly effective in today’s business environment and it details how Nimsoft Service Desk delivers on these key requirements.
Exploiting weaknesses in browsers, operating systems, and other third-party software to infect end user systems is a common initial step for security attacks and breaches. Finding and fixing these vulnerabilities before the attackers can take advantage of them is a proactive defensive measure that is an essential part of any security program. Overview of VM Program: Prepare Assess Remediate Track Progress Download whitepaper »
The Cloud is particularly valuable to small and medium-size businesses (SMB’s) because it provides access to full function applications at a reasonable price, without substantial operating expenditure for hardware and software. Using the correct cloud provider, a company can rapidly scale as their business grows or a new company is added. Download whitepaper »
For many small and medium-size businesses, the move to the cloud is done for very obvious business reasons—the first one being speed to implementation. A 2014 survey by the industry analyst firm Mint Jutras reported that “respondents with SaaS implementations reached their first go-live milestone 19% faster than those with on-premise solutions”. This is possible because cloud computing eliminates the need for purchasing and installing hardware and software. Download whitepaper »
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals
- Augmented reality gets a second life in manufacturing
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Microsoft expands connected car push with patent licensing
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- CCSolution ManagerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperVIC
- FTHelpdesk TechnicianVIC
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst Programmer - Financial - Contract - ParramattaNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCApplication PackagerNSW
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTPMO Project Analytics and Tools ManagerNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- CCTest LeadQLD
- CCQuote WriterVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Support ConsultantSA