Why Your Current Service Desk is Failing Your Business and What to do About It
Service management platforms have a vital role to play, but in most organisations, they’re not living up to expectations—delivering far too much complexity and cost, and far too little business value. This proves true even in organisations that have migrated to new solutions in recent years. This paper outlines why legacy service desks and even newer platforms have not delivered on expectations, it describes the requirements for a service desk solution to be truly effective in today’s business environment and it details how Nimsoft Service Desk delivers on these key requirements.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps. Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Motorola Moto X Style review: A no compromise flagship
- 2 Oppo R7 Plus review: a stellar sub-$600 phablet
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (9.7) 4G review: Samsung does a lot more with a lot less
- 4 Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) review: Is it worth an extra $100?
- 5 Jawbone UP3 review: 3 months with Jawbone's best fitness tracker
Join the PC World newsletter!
Deals on PC World
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Surface Pro 4 on sale at Microsoft's Sydney store on November 12
- Microsoft makes serious smartphone play with Lumia 950 range
- Clothing retailer Uniqlo uses brain waves to match customers with t-shirts
- With Safe Harbor gone, the hard work on data transfers starts now
- Microsoft enters the notebook market with Surface Book
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW