Why Your Current Service Desk is Failing Your Business and What to do About It
Service management platforms have a vital role to play, but in most organisations, they’re not living up to expectations—delivering far too much complexity and cost, and far too little business value. This proves true even in organisations that have migrated to new solutions in recent years. This paper outlines why legacy service desks and even newer platforms have not delivered on expectations, it describes the requirements for a service desk solution to be truly effective in today’s business environment and it details how Nimsoft Service Desk delivers on these key requirements.
The Cloud is particularly valuable to small and medium-size businesses (SMB’s) because it provides access to full function applications at a reasonable price, without substantial operating expenditure for hardware and software. Using the correct cloud provider, a company can rapidly scale as their business grows or a new company is added. Download whitepaper »
For many small and medium-size businesses, the move to the cloud is done for very obvious business reasons—the first one being speed to implementation. A 2014 survey by the industry analyst firm Mint Jutras reported that “respondents with SaaS implementations reached their first go-live milestone 19% faster than those with on-premise solutions”. This is possible because cloud computing eliminates the need for purchasing and installing hardware and software. Download whitepaper »
In today’s business world, on-premise infrastructure simply doesn’t make sense. Every business today is cost-driven, to some extent. Capital outlay and recurring costs are concerns that keep financial controllers awake at night – and the cost of implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure is a major factor. Cloud computing has dramatically and permanently altered the business IT landscape. ERP systems that once required large, expensive on-premise servers, with associated high implementation and maintenance costs, can now be accessed in a variety of ways that slash those costs while providing superior performance. Download whitepaper »
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LTE speeds outpace home internet with new Qualcomm and Intel modems
- Fingerprint scanning is coming to Chromebooks
- ARM buys Mistbase and NextG-Com to extend its reach in IoT
- Soon your Samsung Galaxy's fingerprint reader will unlock your Windows 10 PC
- Blizzard's ending Windows XP, Vista support for Warcraft, Diablo, Hearthstone, and more games
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - Wealth AdviceNSW
- FTERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSharepoint Business AnalystACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)QLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber SecurityACT
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Security/Cyber SecurityNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)ACT
- CCMultiple System Engineers - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- TPChange AnalystQLD