Big Data is talking. Are you listening?
IT executives are always encouraged to lead, follow or get out the way. In the case of Big Data, your best bet may be to lead. Just over half of organisations (54 percent) are already devising Big Data strategies to generate more value from existing data, according to CIO Magazine's May 2012 study, "Peer2Peer: The Changing Landscape". In this guide, we layout the benefits of Big Data and predictive analytics, give you tips on getting started and share the benefits that business have already achieved by marrying these two great powerhouses.
In today’s business world, on-premise infrastructure simply doesn’t make sense. Every business today is cost-driven, to some extent. Capital outlay and recurring costs are concerns that keep financial controllers awake at night – and the cost of implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure is a major factor. Cloud computing has dramatically and permanently altered the business IT landscape. ERP systems that once required large, expensive on-premise servers, with associated high implementation and maintenance costs, can now be accessed in a variety of ways that slash those costs while providing superior performance. Download whitepaper »
This paper is for companies considering an ERP and looking to justify the investment in new technology. This paper will provide methods to identify and define the full spectrum of costs and benefits associated with an ERP implementation, as well as the calculations needed to determine a true return on investment analysis. Download whitepaper »
Since implementing MYOB Advanced, Lauren and her team at the Woolcock Group have been able to streamline several processes and save an enormous amount of time. “Because we are able to build our own profit and loss reports which compare information across sub accounts, this has eliminated the need to export data to Excel to achieve the reports we need. The ability to search across multiple branches at any one time saves us time on many levels,” enthuses Lauren. In addition to this, the ability to access their accounting files through a web browser has meant the flexibility to work from anywhere, making managing all the separate businesses much easier. Download whitepaper »
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Smart teddy bears involved in a contentious data breach
- Qualcomm details plans for Windows 10 PCs with Snapdragon 835
- Google shifts on email encryption tool, leaving its fate unclear
- Porsche Design's Book One looks to outrace Microsoft's Surface Book
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystem EngineerSA
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (Adabas)SA
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPiOS Developer (Mobile)NSW
- FTTelecommunications Services Manager - Voice/Data/UCQLD
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCFinance Analyst/ Project SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCMarketing SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- CCPMO Analyst - Financial ServicesNSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Natural/Adabas)SA