Thin Provisioning with Pillar Axiom 600
As IT organisations work to maintain application availability while controlling costs, a greater emphasis on operational efficiency is essential. One key area where operational efficiencies can be achieved is in the storage infrastructure. Traditional storage systems are inherently inefficient, with multiple arrays of dedicated storage and various management points. Thin provisioning is now recognised in the industry as a critical approach to simplifying storage management while drastically improving capacity utilisation. This white paper explains how Oracle’s Pillar Axiom 600 storage system creates an application-aware storage environment to most efficiently provide all the benefits of thin provisioning. Read more.
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCResident Operation Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161017/ITA/742Asia
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security/Admin.) 161014/SA/253Asia
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM ConsultantSA