Endpoint Security and Virtualisation
Besides form factor, virtual systems are not really that different than physical systems. They both use the same operating systems and applications. They both present users with computing resources such as RAM and hard drives. Consequently, the ability to exploit vulnerabilities in a physical environment will present a significant threat to virtualised environments as well. This paper examines the different endpoint security methods for virtualised environments and presents how Endpoint Protection security provides optimal performance, protection and manageability.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud. From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity. Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps. Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorNSW
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCProgram Portfolio LeadVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCJunior .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Visual DesignerNSW
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW