Enable Flexible Working
The nature of work has changed fundamentally and forever and it continues to evolve rapidly. Geographic distance and borders are increasingly irrelevant and transparent. The traditional roles of employees and employers, the 9 to 5 working day and places of work are all shifting. Underpinning these macro shifts is the advent of very fast Internet, paired with other mobile and collaborative technologies. Organisations that are not embracing a new way of working and communicating risk not just impacting productivity but the ability to recruit and retain the next generation of employees. The Flexible Working whitepaper looks at why the workplace is changing, the benefits of supporting a more flexible work environment and how to build a Roadmap to “tomorrow’s workplace”.
INSIGHTS: THE 2016 AUSTRALIAN IT SECURITY STRATEGIES SURVEY: TOP TIPS Download whitepaper »
The Pillar Axiom 600 system was designed from the ground up to deliver business-critical, deterministic Quality of Service (QoS) consistent with the business value of the application and its data. It eliminates the requirement to overbuy and underutilize storage to buffer against application interference in a multi-tenancy shared storage system. This allows organizations to buy the capacity they need, scale when needed, and conserve capital in the process—all while delivering consistent performance under load. Read more. Download whitepaper »
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTLua DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTGraduate Software Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- CCCX Performance & Insights AnalystNSW
- TPAgile Coach. Business AgilityNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Test Analyst (Brisbane Based)QLD
- FTFront End Web DeveloperVIC
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Commercial LinesVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTJunior Java DevelopersACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PermanentACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- TPiOS Developer | Tech Start-UpNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst | GovernmentQLD
- CCSenior Digital DesignerNSW
- CCTivoli Access Manager DeveloperNSW
- CCCloud Security Services SpecialistVIC
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia