Vblock Specialized Systems for High Performance Databases
Databases only perform as well as the systems they run on. This ESG Lab review documents hands-on testing of the Vblock specialised systems for high performance databases, focusing on high performance in system reliability in the event of component failures.
In today’s business world, on-premise infrastructure simply doesn’t make sense. Every business today is cost-driven, to some extent. Capital outlay and recurring costs are concerns that keep financial controllers awake at night – and the cost of implementing and maintaining IT infrastructure is a major factor. Cloud computing has dramatically and permanently altered the business IT landscape. ERP systems that once required large, expensive on-premise servers, with associated high implementation and maintenance costs, can now be accessed in a variety of ways that slash those costs while providing superior performance. Download whitepaper »
This paper is for companies considering an ERP and looking to justify the investment in new technology. This paper will provide methods to identify and define the full spectrum of costs and benefits associated with an ERP implementation, as well as the calculations needed to determine a true return on investment analysis. Download whitepaper »
The Cloud is particularly valuable to small and medium-size businesses (SMB’s) because it provides access to full function applications at a reasonable price, without substantial operating expenditure for hardware and software. Using the correct cloud provider, a company can rapidly scale as their business grows or a new company is added. Download whitepaper »
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Alphabet's Waymo raises stakes in self-driving race with Uber lawsuit
- Stop using SHA1: It’s now completely unsafe
- Google's new AI aims to end abusive online comments using 'Perspective'
- Telefonica-Sigfox deal is a big win for diverse IoT networks
- This Asus ROG gaming laptop just dropped to $1,500 on Newegg
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- TPBusiness Analyst - Technical BackgroundQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- CCTest Planner - Infrastructure/Data CentreACT
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)ACT
- FTSales Account Manager | Cloud Solutions | Global Tech GiantNSW
- CCADABAS Natural DeveloperNSW
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCWicked Front-End DeveloperVIC
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTScrum MasterQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Project Manager - PERMANENTACT
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCContract - System Access Administrator - major Telco in MelbourneVIC
- CCSAP/ Nakisa Implementation ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- CCBusiness Test Lead - BRT/UATNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- TPAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT