Application and desktop virtualization allows IT to address a broad range of business priorities from empowering workers across remote and branch locations to mobilizing Windows apps on any device. At the same time, an all-at-once, one-size-fits-all implementation is neither realistic nor desirable for most enterprises. IT’s plans for app and desktop virtualization need to align with corporate budgets and priorities, and provide the right desktop in the right way for each user.
Deliver a great user experience with proven strategies to dramatically cut network wait time and enable full mobile and remote productivity
Granular policies for users, devices, locations and connection types let you secure and manage the user experience the right way to enable any mobile workspace scenario.
This Tech Research Asia end user case study analyses the results of the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) to support its end user computing strategy. This strategy includes the establishment of a three-tier IT service model. This case study also investigates the reasons why LINZ adopted the technology, the goals it was striving to achieve, and the outcomes it has realised. This case study also provides advice to technology leaders considering their own workplace strategy.
A technical how-to guide— updated for Android 4.4, iOS 7.1, and Windows Phone and Surface 8.1.
A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution—Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology—helps IT teams empower their entire workforces, one project at a time.
Desktop virtualization can be a powerful driver of business transformation, making it possible to deliver the apps and data people depend on whenever they need them, on whatever device best supports their productivity. But desktop virtualization is far from a one-size-fits-all solution—there are many ways to meet users’ needs, each with its own costs and benefits. To realize the full value of desktop virtualization, you need the flexibility to deliver virtual apps and desktops using a variety of methods to balance user requirements, cost and manageability in the right way for each use case in your organization.
Application delivery controllers are essential to network uptime and performance. This whitepaper explores how to reduce TCO and improve efficiency by deploying ADCs in active-active clusters, and what appliances are best to support this activity.
The ability to observe, diagnose, and improve the performance of business-critical applications is essential to ensuring a positive user experience. This whitepaper discusses how enterprises can leverage existing application delivery controllers for both instrumentation and policy enforcement.
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
GGG Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- TPDigital Business Analyst | AgileQLD
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- TPFront End DeveloperWA
- CCDesktop SupportNSW
- TPICT Contracts Compliance ManagerWA
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - Tivoli Storage SpecialistNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantACT
- CCWindows AdministratorACT
- FTOnline Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTBI Developer l Microstrategy , HadoopNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)VIC
- CCInfrastructure Test AnalystACT
- TPProject Coordinator/Junior Project ManagerVIC
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTSAP BOBJ ConsultantACT
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW