Application and desktop virtualization allows IT to address a broad range of business priorities from empowering workers across remote and branch locations to mobilizing Windows apps on any device. At the same time, an all-at-once, one-size-fits-all implementation is neither realistic nor desirable for most enterprises. IT’s plans for app and desktop virtualization need to align with corporate budgets and priorities, and provide the right desktop in the right way for each user.
Deliver a great user experience with proven strategies to dramatically cut network wait time and enable full mobile and remote productivity
Granular policies for users, devices, locations and connection types let you secure and manage the user experience the right way to enable any mobile workspace scenario.
This Tech Research Asia end user case study analyses the results of the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) to support its end user computing strategy. This strategy includes the establishment of a three-tier IT service model. This case study also investigates the reasons why LINZ adopted the technology, the goals it was striving to achieve, and the outcomes it has realised. This case study also provides advice to technology leaders considering their own workplace strategy.
A technical how-to guide— updated for Android 4.4, iOS 7.1, and Windows Phone and Surface 8.1.
A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution—Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology—helps IT teams empower their entire workforces, one project at a time.
Desktop virtualization can be a powerful driver of business transformation, making it possible to deliver the apps and data people depend on whenever they need them, on whatever device best supports their productivity. But desktop virtualization is far from a one-size-fits-all solution—there are many ways to meet users’ needs, each with its own costs and benefits. To realize the full value of desktop virtualization, you need the flexibility to deliver virtual apps and desktops using a variety of methods to balance user requirements, cost and manageability in the right way for each use case in your organization.
Application delivery controllers are essential to network uptime and performance. This whitepaper explores how to reduce TCO and improve efficiency by deploying ADCs in active-active clusters, and what appliances are best to support this activity.
The ability to observe, diagnose, and improve the performance of business-critical applications is essential to ensuring a positive user experience. This whitepaper discusses how enterprises can leverage existing application delivery controllers for both instrumentation and policy enforcement.
The need for robust datacentre security has never been greater, with CIOs having to account for budget constraints, cloud architectures and flat networks with fewer, natural ‘choke points.’ This whitepaper explores the best application delivery controller for building enterprise cloud networks.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCTest Analyst - Data MigrationACT
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/MySQL/PHP) 160819/SA/173Asia
- CCSystem Analyst - NetIQNSW
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCData ModellerACT