Desktop Virtualization is becoming a mainstream way of delivering desktops and applications to users. While IT leaders have a choice in vendors and technologies, they must carefully map out the business priorities and then align specific technologies to each user group. This is all the while keeping costs, technical complexity, and risk in mind. Download to find out more!
Desktop virtualisation provides important advantages to IT. It unlocks the full benefits of consumerisation, improves the security of today’s more-diverse computing environments and reduces operational costs. Learn more about solutions that can help customers maximise the business and IT advantages of desktop virtualisation. Click to download!
Many organisations embarking on the desktop virtualisation journey believe they need to follow the virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) model where each user receives a virtual machine hosted in the data centre. Even though VDI is a great option, it is not the only one. In this whitepaper, we explore how IT departments can quickly and securely deliver virtual desktops and applications to any user in the enterprise. Download to find out more.
A one-size-fits-all approach to desktop virtualisation cannot meet all the different requirements of users. The challenge for IT is to deliver the right kind of desktop view and applications in the right way that suits the need for each user type, all while addressing IT priorities such as cost, security and ease of management. Download to find out more!
Many companies have established mobility as a core strategic technology, deploying corporate liable devices and allowing personally liable devices to connect to their networks and back-office applications. Yet few companies have established a realistic strategy of how to make the apps being utilised by end users truly enterprise controlled, secured and managed. Download to find out more!
This whitepaper describes, from an IT perspective, the issues that arise when allowing Android and iOS-based tablets and smartphones into the enterprise network—and the steps IT must take to maintain control while encouraging productivity and mobility. We outline the security considerations, risk mitigation options and the architecture required to support tablets and smartphones as consumer-grade devices accessing sensitive enterprise data. Download to find out more!
The first response of many IT organisations to the influx of consumer-grade and employee-owned mobile devices has been to lock down and control every mobile device in the enterprise through mobile device management (MDM) solutions. Yet, the transformation of computing through mobility, consumerisation, bring-your-own device (BYOD) and flex-work offers powerful benefits for today’s organisations - but it poses significant challenges for IT. Download now to find out what is the best approach for mobility management.
The use of powerful mobile devices has become so widespread, industry leaders in almost every sector have embraced mobility solutions as central elements of their IT and business operations. As mobile budgets grow, so does the influence of business units on mobility strategy. However, without a comprehensive strategy that encompass business goals, policies and processes, then initiatives into mobility will struggle to deliver the expected benefits. Click to download!
As consumerisation continues to transform IT, organisations are moving quickly to design strategies to allow BYOD in the workplace. This paper provides IT executives with guidance to develop a complete BYOD strategy which gives people optimal freedom of choice while helping IT adapt to consumerisation - at the same time addressing requirements for security, simplicity and cost reduction. Find out how device ownership eases IT burdens in endpoint procurement and management. Click to download!
This whitepaper reviews the security challenges associated with traditional application management and the security features and benefits of delivering apps on demand with Citrix XenApp.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Budget 2016: A "missed opportunity" for startups
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCTest AnalystQLD
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (C++/JAVA/SQL) 160505/SA/971Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT