Distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) attempt to make a machine or network resource unavailable to its intended users, with a wave of crippling attacks on enterprises since 2012. This whitepaper offers guidance to security and network architects in designing, deploying, and managing architecture to protect against increasingly sophisticated, application-layer DDoS attacks.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
This whitepaper is the third in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section refers to case studies of different approaches to deploying protection architecture, including an enterprise customer scenario, an FSI customer scenario and an SMB customer scenario. The paper explains how these options should provide the flexibility and needed to combat the modern DDoS threat.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP begins selling its Jet Fusion 3D printer; says it's 50% cheaper, 10X faster than others
- Are you ready for the enterprise wearables boom?
- IBM makes quantum computing available in the cloud
- What Apple's first down quarter in 13 years really means
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystVIC
- CCCommunication LeadVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCTechnical BI Business Analyst- Informatica, Oracle OBIEENSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTMobile DeveloperWA
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Services CoordinatorACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTFull-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC