The information technology industry is undergoing a paradigm shift in the way computing resources are procured. Cloud computing is emerging as a key area of focus for CIOs and IT decision makers due to its ability to save costs, increase business agility and deliver IT in an on-demand manner. This paper provides insights into the adoption of cloud computing in Asia Pacific and the cloud implementation roadmap, as well as achieving cloud monitoring and service management through IT Management-as-a-Service.
Businesses, whether regional shops or global multi-nationals, are increasingly turning to external managed IT services providers for everything from email to archiving to ERP. For all the momentum and growth in the managed services segment, however, deciding when and where to outsource is not straightforward. This paper offers some practical guidance into determining whether outsourcing makes sense, key criteria for finding the right provider, and some fundamental steps to getting outsourcing relationships started on the right track.
The Nimsoft for Server Monitoring solution supports iSeries AS400, Netware, Linux, Windows, and UNIX from a single, easy-to use console. The solution monitors core server resources (CPU, memory, disk, event logs, counters, etc.) and enables centralised management of remote processes and services (automated and manual start/restart/stop). The solution also offers packaged monitoring for a wide variety of server configurations (i.e. web, email, database, etc.). All server status information is presented in real time alarm dashboards, performance trend reports, and/or SLA compliance reports.
Service management platforms have a vital role to play, but in most organisations, they’re not living up to expectations—delivering far too much complexity and cost, and far too little business value. This proves true even in organisations that have migrated to new solutions in recent years. This paper outlines why legacy service desks and even newer platforms have not delivered on expectations, it describes the requirements for a service desk solution to be truly effective in today’s business environment and it details how Nimsoft Service Desk delivers on these key requirements.
IT teams are looking for robust, enterprise-grade virtualization platforms can now choose from VMware, Red Hat Enterprise Virtualisation, Microsoft Hyper-V and others. Consequently, more organisations are looking to run multiple virtualisation platforms. While monitoring and managing performance in virtualised environments has traditionally presented a range of challenges to IT administrators, those challenges are exacerbated in environments running multiple virtualisation platforms. This paper looks at how heterogeneous virtualisation environments are growing more common in today’s organisations, and it offers a set of best practices administrators can use to efficiently and effectively manage performance in these environments.
The Nimsoft for Network Monitoring solution verifies network connectivity to devices and application services revealing accessibility and network latency. The solution auto-discovers network interfaces, monitors interface traffic and calculates bandwidth utilisation. Interface variables are polled for status data and the solution receives unsolicited SNMP traps. Syslog monitoring is supported for non-SNMP devices. Status data is analysed and displayed in graphical alarm consoles, performance reports and SLA reports. Read more.
In areas such as sales force automation and customer relationship management, cloud-based computing services have become the norm—and substantially improved the economics, capabilities and efficiencies customers have realised. Today, organisations can enjoy similarly substantial benefits by migrating their IT service management functions to a software-as-a-service model. This paper shows how Nimsoft Service Desk enables organisations to make the most of this opportunity.
Given how deeply businesses rely on their SAP systems, it’s simple to see that maximizing performance and uptime is critical. What’s not so simple is figuring out how to understand, let alone optimize, performance in these complex, dynamic, and interrelated ecosystems. This paper offers five best practices that can help administrators more effectively measure and improve SAP performance.
The role of servers in your organisation has changed substantially—with their uses, requirements, and complexity all increasing dramatically in recent years. Many of the traditional tools and techniques that worked in the past don’t suffice any more. Consequently, server monitoring presents several critical battles in today’s demanding environments. This guide looks at some of the most pressing challenges administrators face in ensuring optimal server performance, and it offers insights into the tools and strategies required to address these demands.
For years, many support teams have been hamstrung by their traditional service desk platforms, which require complex, time-consuming coding for virtually every aspect of customisation. This paper can show how organisations can complete their initial deployments quickly, easily and adapt efficiently to the evolving needs of the business with Nimsoft Service Desk.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Quicken shifts to software subscription model
- Microsoft revives free Windows 10 upgrade for SMBs
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Project Manager - Regulatory/Compliance - BankingNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)WA
- FTLevel 3 Support AnalystVIC
- TPSOE AdministratorQLD
- FTDigital Sales Account Manager - Global BrandNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- CCApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- TPSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCTest Analysts - MainframeACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerVIC
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - SQL Server programming skillsACT
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXWA