The benefits of virtualisation are unassailable: increased agility, scale, and cost savings to name but a few. However, so too are the monitoring challenges posed by these environments—including complexity, lack of visibility and control, and inefficiency. This white paper reveals the best monitoring practices to employ in virtualised environments—best practices that are essential in enabling organisations to overcome their monitoring challenges so they can get the most business value from their virtualisation investments.
The enterprise computing landscape has changed dramatically. Virtualisation, outsourcing, SaaS, and cloud computing are creating fundamental changes, and ushering in an era in which enterprises distribute increasingly critical IT assets and applications across multiple service providers.This paper explores today’s computing trends and their monitoring implications in detail. In addition, it reveals how a new monitoring paradigm architecture, that uniquely addresses the monitoring realities of today’s and tomorrow’s enterprises—whether they rely on internal platforms, external service providers, or a combination of both.
You can be armed with vast amounts of performance metrics, but if you don’t know what users are actually experiencing, you don’t have the real performance picture. While this measure is critical, it is one many organisations fail to consistently capture. This guide looks at the challenges of user response monitoring, and it shows how you can overcome these challenges and start to get a real handle on your infrastructure performance and how it impacts your users’ experience.
When assessing an MSP’s maturity and prospects, one question provides more insights than any other: “What’s in your service catalog?” A well-defined service catalog can set the framework for growth. The lack of a service catalog can significantly impede an MSP’s ability to scale. This paper explores why the service catalog is so vital, and provides some practical guidelines MSPs can apply in order to ensure their service catalog provides maximum utility and benefit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia