The benefits of virtualisation are unassailable: increased agility, scale, and cost savings to name but a few. However, so too are the monitoring challenges posed by these environments—including complexity, lack of visibility and control, and inefficiency. This white paper reveals the best monitoring practices to employ in virtualised environments—best practices that are essential in enabling organisations to overcome their monitoring challenges so they can get the most business value from their virtualisation investments.
The enterprise computing landscape has changed dramatically. Virtualisation, outsourcing, SaaS, and cloud computing are creating fundamental changes, and ushering in an era in which enterprises distribute increasingly critical IT assets and applications across multiple service providers.This paper explores today’s computing trends and their monitoring implications in detail. In addition, it reveals how a new monitoring paradigm architecture, that uniquely addresses the monitoring realities of today’s and tomorrow’s enterprises—whether they rely on internal platforms, external service providers, or a combination of both.
You can be armed with vast amounts of performance metrics, but if you don’t know what users are actually experiencing, you don’t have the real performance picture. While this measure is critical, it is one many organisations fail to consistently capture. This guide looks at the challenges of user response monitoring, and it shows how you can overcome these challenges and start to get a real handle on your infrastructure performance and how it impacts your users’ experience.
When assessing an MSP’s maturity and prospects, one question provides more insights than any other: “What’s in your service catalog?” A well-defined service catalog can set the framework for growth. The lack of a service catalog can significantly impede an MSP’s ability to scale. This paper explores why the service catalog is so vital, and provides some practical guidelines MSPs can apply in order to ensure their service catalog provides maximum utility and benefit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCICT Infrastructure Specialist - (Network Engineer)ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java, Oracle ADF) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCProgram Support ManagerQLD
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT