The benefits of virtualisation are unassailable: increased agility, scale, and cost savings to name but a few. However, so too are the monitoring challenges posed by these environments—including complexity, lack of visibility and control, and inefficiency. This white paper reveals the best monitoring practices to employ in virtualised environments—best practices that are essential in enabling organisations to overcome their monitoring challenges so they can get the most business value from their virtualisation investments.
The enterprise computing landscape has changed dramatically. Virtualisation, outsourcing, SaaS, and cloud computing are creating fundamental changes, and ushering in an era in which enterprises distribute increasingly critical IT assets and applications across multiple service providers.This paper explores today’s computing trends and their monitoring implications in detail. In addition, it reveals how a new monitoring paradigm architecture, that uniquely addresses the monitoring realities of today’s and tomorrow’s enterprises—whether they rely on internal platforms, external service providers, or a combination of both.
You can be armed with vast amounts of performance metrics, but if you don’t know what users are actually experiencing, you don’t have the real performance picture. While this measure is critical, it is one many organisations fail to consistently capture. This guide looks at the challenges of user response monitoring, and it shows how you can overcome these challenges and start to get a real handle on your infrastructure performance and how it impacts your users’ experience.
When assessing an MSP’s maturity and prospects, one question provides more insights than any other: “What’s in your service catalog?” A well-defined service catalog can set the framework for growth. The lack of a service catalog can significantly impede an MSP’s ability to scale. This paper explores why the service catalog is so vital, and provides some practical guidelines MSPs can apply in order to ensure their service catalog provides maximum utility and benefit.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCLead DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCField Engineer - POSTAS
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FTSenior Natural/ADABAS ProgrammerSA
- FTCisco IP Telephony EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CC.NET DeveloperQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTSAP Basis ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCAgile Delivery ManagerACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA