Eight breaches in 2013 provided a painful reminder that cybercrime remains prevalent. This year’s report once again covers the wide-ranging threat landscape, with data collected and analysed by security experts, while calling out seven areas that deserve special attention.
With the growing transition to a more online existence, users need to be more conscious about leading and protecting our online identity. This Manifesto sets out a plan to reduce the real and growing risks we face as individuals, businesses and governments, to make us cyber-resilient.
Customers today are still grappling with subpar backup performance as systems outstrip the allotted backup window time. Strategies for data protection and recovery continue to be dictated by aggressive SLAs, rapid recovery, and ease of integration in existing environments. As a result, firms have started to embrace more disk-based data protection technologies, including purpose-built backup appliances (PBBAs) to protect and recover data and applications. This white paper explores the measurable benefits of PBBA systems for customers, with a focus on the increased use and adoption patterns of both integrated and targeted systems.
Organisations face a juggling act with the need to improve backup and recovery, increase server virtualization, manage data growth, while remaining in operation. Virtualization has complicated the protection landscape, as protecting virtual environments can be a challenge, especially as VMs are quickly and easily created, moved, and deleted in data centres and in the cloud. This white paper explores how new backup systems have been invigorated with future-proof functionality aimed at today’s virtualized environments, offering the backup “fountain of youth”.
Backing up data today is growing more complex - and in an era of virtualisation, big data and cloud deployments, it can be difficult to maintain control over your data, resulting in loss and downtime. This hour-long webcast features expert commentary on navigating the complexity of backing up a heavily virtualised infrastructure; simplifying your backup software and hardware ecosystem; reducing the cost of backing up your organisation’s data, and modernising your backup infrastructure with integration. The presentations will conclude with an interactive Q&A session.
Authentication is the most visible security control for applications used by enterprises and their customers. Individuals who would like more details regarding strong authentication methods available today to secure access to corporate networks and enterprise or customer applications. Learn how your environment will dictate which method is right for you.
When big retailers and manufacturers want to better understand their customers' preferences and buying patterns, they look to market research. In this case study we look at how NPD Group, a leading market research firm, enhanced their visibility into its multi-vendor, multi-platform server and storage environment, as well as build a file syustem that would allow concurrent access to shared storage in a distributed environment. Download for more.
With many backup and recovery strategies not keeping up with rampant data growth and increasing migration to virtual environments, many in-house IT budgets are stretched to breaking point. This whitepaper outlines the best practice in delivering a backup strategy that is efficient, effective and affordable. Click to download!
Virtualisation is never ‘a once size fits all’ proposition. Particularly for SMBs who are looking for third-party solutions, there is no shortage of vendors offering solutions. This whitepaper is a how-to guide for identifying what you need and how to determine which solution would deliver the perfect fit for your organisation. Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Drupal fixes critical access bypass vulnerability
- Microsoft will cut services to standalone Office users so they’ll subscribe to Office 365
- Microsoft commits to a permament schedule for new Windows 10, Office updates
- Facebook's Caffe2 AI tools come to iPhone, Android, and Raspberry Pi
- Slack apps can now use drop-down menus
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTIBCO Support Analyst - PERM DESKVIC
- FTSenior C# DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerQLD
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCServer SOE EngineerACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTHealthcare Application Integration Support - Brisbane BasedWA
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Functional Analyst - FinanceQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTProject Coordinator ($280-$300 per day)NSW
- CCSystems Engineer - WintelQLD
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- TPFront-End DeveloperNSW
- FTService ManagerNSW
- FTData Analyst - Tableau and Power BI suiteNSW