This steady flow of email messages means managing email is more difficult than ever. A company must provide employees constant access to their email accounts and manage copies of every important email to comply with regulatory requirements. If a company is faced with a lawsuit, it must have the ability to easily place legal holds on emails and conduct efficient e-discovery. Read on.
Internet bandwidth is a finite and expensive resource; protect it from spammers, criminals, hackers, timewasters and employee misuse. Your company’s internet link is precious. Not only is it expensive and limited but it is a vital business tool. Yet our analysis shows that companies can lose around a quarter of their internet bandwidth to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. Imagine if you had to give up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies don’t even know about the loss, let alone take steps to prevent it.
Productivity and reputation protected. Disruption defused. Business efficiency and continuity ensured. The challenge of maximising email availability really can be addressed at a competitive price. With Email Continuity.cloud strengthening your email availability strategy, outages need no longer be the bane of your business – and a resource-hungry burden on the IT Department.
Virtualization adoption is rapidly maturing — and expectations about availability are rising as more enterprise applications enter the virtualized x86 server space. This IDC Insight survey identify the key points related to Phase 2 virtualisation adoption, which is often seen as the stepping stone to cloud computing. Click here to download.
VMware® remains the most widely deployed virtualisation solution. The explosive growth of VMware infrastructure in organisations both large and small has enabled corporations to more fully exploit their hardware investments. With multiple virtual machines running on few physical hardware nodes, hardware costs are reduced, as well as space, power, and cooling requirements. This white paper discusses in more detail how VMware environments can be protected with the NetBackup appliances. Read more.
This IDG white paper explores specific backup and availability challenges organisations must surmount as they move to virtualise their business-critical applications. It then shows how attaining proper service levels for these applications requires a high degree of visibility into the VMware virtual environment.
Over a decade ago, Veritas software announced NetBackup FlashBackup to address the millions of small files problem, which had been and often remains the nemesis to fast and efficient backup of large file servers. Today, the FlashBackup technology is used to provide a logical understanding of what is stored with a VMDK- or VHD-image-level backup, without the necessity to install an agent inside each virtual machine. Read more.
Imagine if you gave up a quarter of your office space for non-work activities; it’s inconceivable. But when it comes to internet bandwidth, most companies loose the same proportion to employee web misuse, streaming media and spam. As a company’s internet is both costly and limited, click here to find out how best reduce bandwidth loss.
Over 9.5 million people in Australia now use Facebook. The main purpose may be social, however the tool offers real opportunity for today’s businesses. Conversely, social media usage at the workplace can either dent productivity or reveal a competitive edge. Download to investigate the pros and cons of employee use of this tool.
Current trends in the adaption and deployment of virtualisation suggest that as an organisation gains experience, each implementation requires a different technique. A stratified approach to a company’s long-term virtualisation and cloud computing strategy allows the right skills set to be built alongside the resolution of each scale and complexity issue presented. Read more to understanding where you are and how you can compare for the future.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle/UNIX) 160203/AP/381Asia
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCProject Server Specialist / MS ProjectNSW
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- FTServer EngineerNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC