Ceridian is a leading global professional services company that helps organisations control costs, save time, optimise their workforce, grow revenue and minimise financial risk. Ceridian needed to surface SQL Server data and reduce its application development time without relying on expensive custom coding. Learn how their business solution excelled.
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to from one IT solution to the next. These best practices, including establishing good governance, considering data externalisation and developing an effective communication plan are put to the test. Click to download
Cloud-based computing represents a powerful new option for managing enterprise content, offering increased flexibility, efficiency, and reduced cost for IT infrastructure, data storage, and applications. However, for a variety of business and technical reasons, most organisations will take a phased approach to adopting cloud-based services, which will require them to continue to maintain their on-premises SharePoint environments during the transition. This white paper, written by Chris Beckett from SharePoint Bits, discusses some of the benefits and risks of hybrid SharePoint deployments, and presents governance considerations that are essential for ensuring a successful migration.
This white paper focuses on the increasing use of SharePoint, the benefits it offers for collaboration, and the need for appropirately governing content in SharePoint infrastructures.
This white paper outlines best practice for migrating on-premises SharePoint environments to a new cloud-based deployment. Learn the limitations of an out-of-the-box migration as well as what to look for in a third-party tool, and the importance of information governance, security, and migration methodologies.
SharePoint enables developers to quickly deliver prototypes and solutions to users. However, just as quickly, users respond with enhancement requests and new requirements, often overwhelming the development team. This white paper explores the challenges that SharePoint developers face and details a set of best practices for responding to those challenges, so that you can make the most of your SharePoint investment.
Virtualisation brings challenges that can erode its cost benefits and leave the infrastructure less protected than before. In this paper, data protection experts offer five tips for effective backup and recovery to help you avoid the challenges that might keep you from fully protecting your virtual assets and infrastructure.
SMBs have increasingly been implementing virtualisation in order to take advantage of the benefits and flexibility of the technology. But IT groups supporting SMBs tend to have only a few staff members, most of whom are generalists with no specific expertise in server virtualisation. This lack of resources and expertise leads to particular challenges, especially in backup and disaster recovery.
Creating and implementing a data protection and disaster recovery (D/R) strategy enables you to protect your organization’s data against loss, recover it quickly in the event of a disaster, and comply with regulations and corporate policies. This document explains how to develop a D/R strategy and how to protect and recover Exchange data, and also discusses how an archiving solution can complement your D/R strategy.
A core challenge for many organizations adopting SharePoint is that even basic development tasks can require a major investment in time and resources. Once SharePoint is entrenched in an organization, and its usage requirements become more complex, much more work must be devoted to satisfying those requirements. This paper will first explain how frustrations arise as usage requirements become more complex, then provide guidance to help you address these frustrations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSolution Architect, Funds Management, Part time roleNSW
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Security Specialist - McAfeeVIC
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC