Ceridian is a leading global professional services company that helps organisations control costs, save time, optimise their workforce, grow revenue and minimise financial risk. Ceridian needed to surface SQL Server data and reduce its application development time without relying on expensive custom coding. Learn how their business solution excelled.
This white paper details a number of best practices for migrating to from one IT solution to the next. These best practices, including establishing good governance, considering data externalisation and developing an effective communication plan are put to the test. Click to download
Cloud-based computing represents a powerful new option for managing enterprise content, offering increased flexibility, efficiency, and reduced cost for IT infrastructure, data storage, and applications. However, for a variety of business and technical reasons, most organisations will take a phased approach to adopting cloud-based services, which will require them to continue to maintain their on-premises SharePoint environments during the transition. This white paper, written by Chris Beckett from SharePoint Bits, discusses some of the benefits and risks of hybrid SharePoint deployments, and presents governance considerations that are essential for ensuring a successful migration.
This white paper focuses on the increasing use of SharePoint, the benefits it offers for collaboration, and the need for appropirately governing content in SharePoint infrastructures.
This white paper outlines best practice for migrating on-premises SharePoint environments to a new cloud-based deployment. Learn the limitations of an out-of-the-box migration as well as what to look for in a third-party tool, and the importance of information governance, security, and migration methodologies.
SharePoint enables developers to quickly deliver prototypes and solutions to users. However, just as quickly, users respond with enhancement requests and new requirements, often overwhelming the development team. This white paper explores the challenges that SharePoint developers face and details a set of best practices for responding to those challenges, so that you can make the most of your SharePoint investment.
Virtualisation brings challenges that can erode its cost benefits and leave the infrastructure less protected than before. In this paper, data protection experts offer five tips for effective backup and recovery to help you avoid the challenges that might keep you from fully protecting your virtual assets and infrastructure.
SMBs have increasingly been implementing virtualisation in order to take advantage of the benefits and flexibility of the technology. But IT groups supporting SMBs tend to have only a few staff members, most of whom are generalists with no specific expertise in server virtualisation. This lack of resources and expertise leads to particular challenges, especially in backup and disaster recovery.
Creating and implementing a data protection and disaster recovery (D/R) strategy enables you to protect your organization’s data against loss, recover it quickly in the event of a disaster, and comply with regulations and corporate policies. This document explains how to develop a D/R strategy and how to protect and recover Exchange data, and also discusses how an archiving solution can complement your D/R strategy.
A core challenge for many organizations adopting SharePoint is that even basic development tasks can require a major investment in time and resources. Once SharePoint is entrenched in an organization, and its usage requirements become more complex, much more work must be devoted to satisfying those requirements. This paper will first explain how frustrations arise as usage requirements become more complex, then provide guidance to help you address these frustrations.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- CCERP LeadWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPAnalyst Work Place SupportVIC
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC
- CCService Desk OfficerSA
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW