Many organisations face the challenge of implementing protection and data security measures to meet a wide range of requirements that lie beyond regulatory compliance. This whitepaper highlights the basics of identifying key business drivers for data security, describes threats and attacks, summarizes security concepts and relationships, and then describes what constitutes storage security.
Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) is the proposed industry standard being developed by an ecosystem of Fibre Channel and networking product vendors to drive network convergence in the enterprise data center. The technology will map native Fibre Channel traffic onto Ethernet frames, and be capable of benefiting from proposed enhancements to Ethernet. FCoE’s Ethernet compatibility will leverage the ubiquity and economics of Ethernet networks while preserving the infrastructure, strengths, and tools of the existing Fibre Channel storage management framework.
In April 2003, the Network File System (NFS) version 4 Protocol was ratified as an Internet standard, described in RFC-35301, which superseded NFS Version 3 (NFSv3, specified in RFC-18132). Since the ratification of NFSv4, further advances have been made to the standard, notably NFSv4.1 (as described in RFC-56613, ratified in January 2010) that includes several new features such as parallel NFS (pNFS).
The SNIA Dictionary contains terms and definitions related to storage and other information technologies, and is the storage networking industry's most comprehensive attempt to date to arrive at a common body of terminology for the technologies it represents. The terms go through a rigorous technical review and approval process by the SNIA Technical Council to assure their accuracy.
This white paper will explore the need for a caching and buffering technology between DRAM and HDDs and why Flash memory can be used to fill this need. We will go on to look at various ways that Flash and HDDs can be combined in a computer storage hierarchy. These technologies to combine Flash memory and HDDs include hybrid HDDs, Flash on the computer motherboard, and a combination of Flash and HDD storage devices in the same computer – paired storage systems.
With organisations struggling to control costs, they face increasing demands to keep pace with explosive data growth and ever-changing regulations. To address these challenges, storage industry professionals are increasingly turning to cloud computing and cloud storage solutions. Read on.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Trump administration threatens net neutrality, cloud and IoT
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCBusiness and Change Deployment LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Architect / Lead Network EngineerACT
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCTelco Program ManagerVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- CCSystems EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst l SalesforceNSW
- FTProduction control - batch schedulingNSW
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTTrading Systems EngineerNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW