Many organisations face the challenge of implementing protection and data security measures to meet a wide range of requirements that lie beyond regulatory compliance. This whitepaper highlights the basics of identifying key business drivers for data security, describes threats and attacks, summarizes security concepts and relationships, and then describes what constitutes storage security.
Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) is the proposed industry standard being developed by an ecosystem of Fibre Channel and networking product vendors to drive network convergence in the enterprise data center. The technology will map native Fibre Channel traffic onto Ethernet frames, and be capable of benefiting from proposed enhancements to Ethernet. FCoE’s Ethernet compatibility will leverage the ubiquity and economics of Ethernet networks while preserving the infrastructure, strengths, and tools of the existing Fibre Channel storage management framework.
In April 2003, the Network File System (NFS) version 4 Protocol was ratified as an Internet standard, described in RFC-35301, which superseded NFS Version 3 (NFSv3, specified in RFC-18132). Since the ratification of NFSv4, further advances have been made to the standard, notably NFSv4.1 (as described in RFC-56613, ratified in January 2010) that includes several new features such as parallel NFS (pNFS).
The SNIA Dictionary contains terms and definitions related to storage and other information technologies, and is the storage networking industry's most comprehensive attempt to date to arrive at a common body of terminology for the technologies it represents. The terms go through a rigorous technical review and approval process by the SNIA Technical Council to assure their accuracy.
This white paper will explore the need for a caching and buffering technology between DRAM and HDDs and why Flash memory can be used to fill this need. We will go on to look at various ways that Flash and HDDs can be combined in a computer storage hierarchy. These technologies to combine Flash memory and HDDs include hybrid HDDs, Flash on the computer motherboard, and a combination of Flash and HDD storage devices in the same computer – paired storage systems.
With organisations struggling to control costs, they face increasing demands to keep pace with explosive data growth and ever-changing regulations. To address these challenges, storage industry professionals are increasingly turning to cloud computing and cloud storage solutions. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
- FCC votes for strict new broadband privacy rules
- Google simplifies VR content embeds with new VR view tool
- Atlassian president on IPO - 'We're overjoyed'
- After 10 years of profitability, Atlassian steps up for an IPO
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCData Migration SpecialistSA
- CCStrategic Planning OfficerACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Infrastructure/PC LAN Support) 160825/ITA/864Asia
- CCInfrastructure Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Change & RleaseACT
- CCJunior SQL DBA - Entry LevelVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT