The FireEye Advanced Threat Report for the second half of 2011 is based on research and trend analysis conducted by the FireEye Malware Intelligence Labs. This report provides an overview of advanced targeted attacks in the second half of 2011 and was developed to provide insights into the current threat landscape, evolving advanced persistent threat (APT) tactics, and the level of infiltration seen in organisational networks today. This is not a typical threat report with just tallies of the millions of well-known malware or billions of spam messages. Read more.
Defending against next generation threats requires a strategy that moves beyond signatures and behavioural heuristics. Over 95% of businesses unknowingly host compromised endpoints, despite their use of traditional next-generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), antivirus and Web gateways. Read more.
Over 95% of businesses unknowingly host compromised endpoints, despite their use of firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), antivirus and Web gateways.1 Today’s attacks look new and unknown to signature-based tools because the attacks employ advanced malware and zero-day vulnerabilities. To regain the upper hand against next-generation attacks, enterprises must turn to true next-generation protection: signature-less, proactive and real time. Read on.
There's been a rapid shift from broad, scattershot attacks to advanced target attacks that have had serious consequences for victim organisations. The increased use of spear phishing is directly related to the fact that it works, as traditional security defences simply do not stop these types of attacks. This paper provides a detailed look at how spear phishing is used within advanced attacks and the key capabilities organisations need in order to effectively combat these emerging and evolving threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager - Healthcare DomainSA
- CCBusiness Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystACT
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCTIBCO Integration ConsultantVIC
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FT.NET Developer (Angular JS/ SQL)WA
- FTNetwork SpecialistVIC
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW