The FireEye Advanced Threat Report for the second half of 2011 is based on research and trend analysis conducted by the FireEye Malware Intelligence Labs. This report provides an overview of advanced targeted attacks in the second half of 2011 and was developed to provide insights into the current threat landscape, evolving advanced persistent threat (APT) tactics, and the level of infiltration seen in organisational networks today. This is not a typical threat report with just tallies of the millions of well-known malware or billions of spam messages. Read more.
Defending against next generation threats requires a strategy that moves beyond signatures and behavioural heuristics. Over 95% of businesses unknowingly host compromised endpoints, despite their use of traditional next-generation firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), antivirus and Web gateways. Read more.
Over 95% of businesses unknowingly host compromised endpoints, despite their use of firewalls, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), antivirus and Web gateways.1 Today’s attacks look new and unknown to signature-based tools because the attacks employ advanced malware and zero-day vulnerabilities. To regain the upper hand against next-generation attacks, enterprises must turn to true next-generation protection: signature-less, proactive and real time. Read on.
There's been a rapid shift from broad, scattershot attacks to advanced target attacks that have had serious consequences for victim organisations. The increased use of spear phishing is directly related to the fact that it works, as traditional security defences simply do not stop these types of attacks. This paper provides a detailed look at how spear phishing is used within advanced attacks and the key capabilities organisations need in order to effectively combat these emerging and evolving threats.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (C++/JBoss) 160819/SSA/892Asia
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTBid Manager - Intelligent TechnologyVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC