A new trend is evolving in enterprise resource planning (ERP). It’s the concept of two-tier ERP, and it has become a growing area of discussion in corporate finance and information technology (IT) departments. Done well, it promises to finally attain the global visibility, standardization, and efficiency we all imagined large-scale ERP would bring back before those systems proved too complex, costly, and slow to deploy.What is two-tier ERP, and when is it right?
When was the last time you upgraded your ERP system? If the answer is “not in recent memory,” then you aren’t alone. About two-thirds of mid-sized businesses are running old versions of their enterprise resource planning (ERP) system—in some cases, it’s software that’s three or more versions old. This is the legacy of decades of on-premise (in-house) software deployments, incremental releases that never seemed worth the pain of a major upgrade migration project, and fear of losing critical customization.
Technology has transformed the broader world of business software and consumer applications. Workers now interact through mobile devices and social media, and applications are increasingly connected together over the web. But many ERP deployments have remained oblivious to these tectonic changes—it’s as if the iPhone was never invented, social media was a futuristic concept and connecting ERP to web channels was a kooky concept for the dabbling few.
A true 360 degree view of the customer is a win-win situation for all parties involved: buyers benefit from better service and efficiency, and sellers derive improved loyalty and, inevitably, more repeat business from established cutomers. This report will explore how Best-in-Class companies take a holistic approach to providing a complete, accurate and integrated view of customers to improve satisfaction and retention without losing sight of customer profitability.
In this whitepaper we examine the main drivers and restraints behind internet retailing in Australia, and the state of maturity of Australian retailers in their adoption of multi-channel strategies and new technologies such as e-commerce platforms, mobile services and usage of social media. We also examine how technology developments are supporting retailers in adopting the multi-channel approach, and in particular how cloud-based solutions can significantly reduce the cost and risk for a retailer in moving to a multi-channel model.
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is the world’s #1 cloud business management suite, providing your company with a single, web-based solution to integrate its core business processes—accounting/enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), professional services automation and ecommerce. Read more.
There are plenty of real-world examples of how companies large and small have transformed themselves by leveraging the cloud. The cloud is transforming business operations for those organisations that are prepared to look beyond their fears of the unknown and explore what is possible. A colleague once said to me, “Tom, moving to the cloud makes too much sense…if we don’t do it, we will fail as a company.” Read this whitepaper by Tom Kelly, Managing Director of T-Edward, Inc.
This report investigates the opportunities for software and IT services companies in 2012 and beyond, and analyses how the United Kingdom, United States and Australia compare and contrast, to identify important trends that highlight the opportunities and threats to the sector over the next 12 months.
Cloud computing and software as a service (SaaS) are powerful forces to help organizations improve operations and achieve greater business agility. To make informed decisions and leverage your ERP investment, it is important to understand the impact of cloud computing and the role of professional services in this new world. This first white paper discusses transforming your business using cloud-based ERP.
Cloud computing and software as a service (SaaS) are powerful forces to help organizations improve operations and achieve greater business agility. To make informed decisions and leverage your ERP investment, it is important to understand the impact of cloud computing and the role of professional services in this new world. This second white paper explores the important role of professional services when implementing cloud ERP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Rolling blog: Industry reacts to Budget 2016
- Budget 2016: A "missed opportunity" for startups
- Aussie start-up, Rundl, hits $5bn transaction milestone
- Uber faces more lawsuits for classifying drivers as contractors
- Michael Dell talks to EMC World about massive merger
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCIBM MDM SpecialistVIC
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSr System AnalystACT
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ICT SecurityNSW
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCService Desk OperatorACT
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSolution Architect / Data ArchitectNSW