A new trend is evolving in enterprise resource planning (ERP). It’s the concept of two-tier ERP, and it has become a growing area of discussion in corporate finance and information technology (IT) departments. Done well, it promises to finally attain the global visibility, standardization, and efficiency we all imagined large-scale ERP would bring back before those systems proved too complex, costly, and slow to deploy.What is two-tier ERP, and when is it right?
When was the last time you upgraded your ERP system? If the answer is “not in recent memory,” then you aren’t alone. About two-thirds of mid-sized businesses are running old versions of their enterprise resource planning (ERP) system—in some cases, it’s software that’s three or more versions old. This is the legacy of decades of on-premise (in-house) software deployments, incremental releases that never seemed worth the pain of a major upgrade migration project, and fear of losing critical customization.
Technology has transformed the broader world of business software and consumer applications. Workers now interact through mobile devices and social media, and applications are increasingly connected together over the web. But many ERP deployments have remained oblivious to these tectonic changes—it’s as if the iPhone was never invented, social media was a futuristic concept and connecting ERP to web channels was a kooky concept for the dabbling few.
A true 360 degree view of the customer is a win-win situation for all parties involved: buyers benefit from better service and efficiency, and sellers derive improved loyalty and, inevitably, more repeat business from established cutomers. This report will explore how Best-in-Class companies take a holistic approach to providing a complete, accurate and integrated view of customers to improve satisfaction and retention without losing sight of customer profitability.
In this whitepaper we examine the main drivers and restraints behind internet retailing in Australia, and the state of maturity of Australian retailers in their adoption of multi-channel strategies and new technologies such as e-commerce platforms, mobile services and usage of social media. We also examine how technology developments are supporting retailers in adopting the multi-channel approach, and in particular how cloud-based solutions can significantly reduce the cost and risk for a retailer in moving to a multi-channel model.
NetSuite (NYSE: N) is the world’s #1 cloud business management suite, providing your company with a single, web-based solution to integrate its core business processes—accounting/enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), professional services automation and ecommerce. Read more.
There are plenty of real-world examples of how companies large and small have transformed themselves by leveraging the cloud. The cloud is transforming business operations for those organisations that are prepared to look beyond their fears of the unknown and explore what is possible. A colleague once said to me, “Tom, moving to the cloud makes too much sense…if we don’t do it, we will fail as a company.” Read this whitepaper by Tom Kelly, Managing Director of T-Edward, Inc.
This report investigates the opportunities for software and IT services companies in 2012 and beyond, and analyses how the United Kingdom, United States and Australia compare and contrast, to identify important trends that highlight the opportunities and threats to the sector over the next 12 months.
Cloud computing and software as a service (SaaS) are powerful forces to help organizations improve operations and achieve greater business agility. To make informed decisions and leverage your ERP investment, it is important to understand the impact of cloud computing and the role of professional services in this new world. This first white paper discusses transforming your business using cloud-based ERP.
Cloud computing and software as a service (SaaS) are powerful forces to help organizations improve operations and achieve greater business agility. To make informed decisions and leverage your ERP investment, it is important to understand the impact of cloud computing and the role of professional services in this new world. This second white paper explores the important role of professional services when implementing cloud ERP.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google's DeepMind A.I. can slash data center power use 40%
- Chinese $1.2B deal for Opera crumples
- How to build a strong employee referral culture
- Publishers rely on Facebook at their own peril
- Microsoft customizes Surface tablets for enterprises
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP Team LeadVIC
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCIP Test Analyst - Baseline Security ClearanceVIC
- CCService Lead - Cloud hosting and storageNSW
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Support Engineer (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCIT Business Analyst- Infrastructure, BABOK- Government BackgrndNSW
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - InsuranceVIC
- CCChange Analysts - multiple rolesNSW
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCDatabase developer/ModellerACT