Due to a lack of consumer confidence and a subsequent drop in sales, all entities that handle credit cardholder information are being challenged to adopt more effective data protection measures. This paper provides information on available tools to help validate compliance with the latest version of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
This paper serves security professionals interested in better techniques for finding vulnerabilities, who have a solid understanding of networking principles and familiarity with the concepts related to hacking, vulnerabilities, and exploits. Read on for an in-depth view of the use of expert systems to achieve accurate and detailed vulnerability results.
Simply being compliant is not enough to mitigate attacks and protect critical information. Organizations can reduce chances of compromise by shifting away from a compliance-driven approach. This guide provides the Top 20 Critical Security Controls (CSCs) developed by the SANS Institute to address the need for a risk-based approach to security.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Largest DDoS attack ever delivered by botnet of hijacked IoT devices
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- Judge paves the way for British hacker's extradition to US
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Banks find big innovation payoff in hackathons
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- CCAnalyst Programmer (12-Month Renewable Contract)Asia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD