Key priorities for the Government are to improve the nation's productivity and deliver better customer services. Information and Communications Technology (ICT) has been identified as a key enabler, however, amongst the emerging opportunities, the rapidly changing technology environment raises a plethora of challenges Government must address. This whitepaper outlines the challenges associated with some recent technology developments and the importance of independent assurance of service delivery. Download now.
Virtual desktop (VDI) solutions are becoming more popular but ensuring satisfactory end-user experience and discriminating between VDI and application issues are challenges that defeat most monitoring tools. Learn more about the challenges and how to approach them.
There is a tectonic shift underway which underpins an unprecedented growth in ecommerce. The proliferation of mobile devices, especially tablets, is changing the way we search and purchase goods and services. This whitepaper outlines at a high level the fundamental change in consumer behaviour and its impact on ecommerce, takes a closer look at why well performing online services are critical to the success of ecommerce and what can be done to ensure that they always perform at peak. Read on.
How we build and use complex IT systems has evolved dramatically over the last 10 years however application performance monitoring (APM) remains dominated by traditional “bottom-up” approaches that emanate from infrastructure monitoring practices and a concern for technology over service delivery. We propose a fundamentally different top-down methodology that derives its approach from the principles of systems engineering. This approach focuses on service delivery, not technology, and is well suited to problem localisation in complex systems. Read on.
Many organisations rely on Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with their IT service providers to ensure that they are receiving the service for which they are paying. While the theory associated with using SLAs as a service management mechanism is appealingly straightforward, in practice SLAs are too often a poor or ineffective tool because of the way in which they are defined and measured. Read more about some of the common pitfalls and suggest how to avoid them.
Cloud or not, the fundamental obligations of service delivery don't change. IT executives need to be able to demonstrate to business stakeholders that moving to the cloud actually worked and that applications are available and performing for customers. A key challenge for CIOs is to find efficient ways to demonstrate service performance to stakeholders and to hold individual cloud providers accountable for theirs. Without such visibility you may have cloud but you will have service performance shrouded in fog. Learn more.
Today there is a lot of talk about customer experience monitoring or more, broadly, end-user experience monitoring of IT services. This white paper attempts to provide some clarity on existing monitoring methods, assess their ability to measure end-user experience and to enable the providers of IT services to deploy the most suitable capabilities to boost their clients’ service experience. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US says laptop ban may expand to more airports
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProject Scheduler/CoordinatorVIC
- FTDelivery ExecutiveSA
- FTSenior Digital Business Analyst, AGILE, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCA/V OfficerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMACT
- CCTechnical Consutlant - Entry Level - HPSMQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Life InsuranceNSW
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorQLD
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTFinance Analyst with Accounting background | $71 phVIC
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- CCDevops Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Wealth InvestmentNSW
- FTSenior BI AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerVIC