To have maximum impact, above all else, business intelligence (BI) dashboards must be fast. They must be created fast, perform fast, and adapt fast to find quick answers and ultimately make an important difference. Dashboards collect all of the information and analytical tools needed to support a person playing a specific role in a business. Although dashboards have always been part of BI, new developments have made them the center of the action. Read More.
In our personal lives, when we want to find information, our first stop is the simple and friendly home page of the Google search engine. We enter search terms in the box and then a list of documents appears. We look at the documents. If they are not want we want, we change the search terms. If another question arises, we search for related information. The feeling we get from this experience is satisfying, smooth, and effortless. Read More.
The practice of business intelligence (BI) has suffered for many years from the pretense that the information needs of business users can be predicted in advance. Read on for more.
It isn’t unusual for SAP ERP owners to feel pangs of buyer’s remorse. It’s not that the data collected isn’t useful or that the process automation doesn’t help. But any large implementation of an ERP system is a two-step process. First, the software must be configured and implemented and the whole company must start using it. For most companies, this process, however unpleasant or painful, leads to a better situation. Read More.
Business Intelligence emerged twenty years ago as a tool for aiding decision-making. Originally seen as the preserve of analysts and board-level executives, it has slowly evolved into a more democratic medium as organisations have come to realise that decision-makers at all levels and in all departments need access to timely, relevant information. Read More.
Dashboards help companies improve efficiency by allowing managers and personnel to evaluate their own performance at a glance. To acheive these benefits, though, dashboard users must ensure that their dashboards reflect the needs of the organisation. Read More.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
- Gartner: A.I. to become a top business investment priority
- Thanks to Facebook, voter registrations surge
- Google Photos begins creating animations from videos, gets smarter about fixing sideways pictures
- Microsoft HoloLens eyes enterprise adoption amid crowded field
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCJunior Programmer (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 161017/JP/221Asia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 161019/JP/552Asia
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Wealth/Super backgroundNSW
- CCBuild and Release ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Internet/Intranet) 161019/P/615Asia
- FTProduct ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Security AnalystVIC