St. Vincent’s Hospital in Australia offers best-in-class services, facilities, and expertise, along with educational opportunities to the residents of the greater Sydney area and NSW. They faced a challenge of meeting the demand to deliver Apps on mobile devices while maintaining the security of patient data. Download now to find out the solution they deployed.
Even though there are companies that make it easy to centralise the management and security of mobile devices of all shapes and sizes, that is no excuse for capitulating to the whims of the masses, to bolster your career by trying to be hip current. If you allow progress here, next thing you know, the company will be asking you to enable business in the cloud. Where will it all end? So, before you take that fatal next step in allowing mobility, security, BYOD and user flexibility, carefully read these top 10 reasons why you don’t need mobile device management.
The rapid proliferation of mobile devices entering the workplace feels like divine intervention to many IT leaders. Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) was born and employees followed with fervour. In this whitepaper, we ask if IT organisations support a workforce's desire to use personal apps and devices while allowing them to be productive in a secure environment that protects corporate data. The Ten Commandments of BYOD show you how to create a peaceful, secure, and productive mobile environment. Read now.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCProject Manager, Infrastructure Migration, AWS CloudNSW
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst/Designer, Funds ManagementNSW
- FTApplication Support ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/XML) 160818/P/872Asia
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia
- CCProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW