Oracle Database 11g is a comprehensive database platform for data warehousing and business intelligence that combines industry-leading scalability and performance, deeply integrated analytics, and embedded integration and data-quality -- all in a single platform running on a reliable, low-cost grid infrastructure. Read on.
As organisations contend with escalating demands for greater quantities of information, more sophisticated data analysis, and a burgeoning user population, Oracle Exadata makes database workloads faster, easier to manage, and less expensive. Oracle Exadata is the world’s first database machine to provide extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications.
Business Intelligence systems have been helping organizations improve performance by providing better insights, better decisions and faster actions. Key Performance Indicators, or KPI’s, are measures with targets that help manage business and individual performance. Scorecards help organizations define strategy, identify goals and objectives, achieve alignment and monitor performance in context of business goals and objectives.
Business-critical and mission-critical workloads demanding applications and databases require stable and secure environments. When these types of workloads are deployed on x86 servers, the need to ensure business continuity, maximum uptime, and consistent processing means that IT managers and business unit managers are looking at enterprise x86 servers in a new way: They realize that the business depends on these servers and that x86 server platforms for the enterprise are no longer expendable, as they might have been when servers were dedicated to a single application or when they were deployed as small Web servers that could be easily taken offline and replaced.
Datacenters are an aggregate of very heterogeneous elements interacting with each other and incurring a complex chain of dependencies, particularly around the point of contact between hardware and software. Against this backdrop, IDC is observing a great push from suppliers and end users alike toward a consumption model based on pre-integrated blocks of optimized hardware and software that IT departments need only to fine-tune, as opposed to build out of a collection of different components. Read on.
Getting actionable data in the hands of the right decision makers translates to positive business outcomes – whether that means competing more effectively, reducing operational costs, meeting compliance requirements, or anticipating changing market conditions. To get the right data to the right people at the right time, you need an integrated business intelligence and data warehousing solution that can provide fast access to reliable information and the tools to translate that insight into actions.
In today's competitive environment, IT organizations are under constant pressure to adapt IT resources and to improve levels of service in order to keep pace with the demands of the business. Yet, IDC finds many IT organizations burdened with an overly complex infrastructure that is driving up operating expenses and taxing IT staffing resources.
There is no question that datacenter consolidation has gone mainstream. A recent IDG Research survey of IT managers found that three out of four organizations are in the midst of, or just completing, consolidation of multiple applications or systems onto a smaller number of servers. Improving performance and availability was the key driver of consolidation efforts for 85% of those surveyed.
Today, a new approach to BPM — the use of BPM and SOA together in a layering strategy — offers built-in smartness and high configurability. This dynamic approach to business process management is based on context and content. It offers agility throughout an organization, and it can dramatically increase productivity and time-to-market.
Business Intelligence systems have been helping organisations improve performance by providing better insights, better decisions and faster actions. Key Performance Indicators, or KPI’s, are measures with targets that help manage business and individual performance. Scorecards help organisations define strategy, identify goals and objectives, achieve alignment and monitor performance in context of business goals and objectives. Read on.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Researcher develops ransomware attack that targets water supply
- Analysts peer into Microsoft's rumored Windows 10 Cloud
- AT&T, IBM, Nokia join to make IoT systems safer
- Apple's Plus plan pays off
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTDynamics AX Functional ConsultantQLD
- TPJava DeveloperVIC
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- FTIt Security and process analystNSW
- FTJunior Software Developer - SASACT
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)NSW
- CCTransport Planner - GIS SpecialistNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectWA
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPChange and Communications CoordinatorQLD
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCService Designer (CX)NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - Part time - Short contractACT
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCSenior consultant/ Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- TPPerformance Test Analyst - Perth BasedQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTChange Manager - Large Transition ProjectNSW