Oracle Database 11g is a comprehensive database platform for data warehousing and business intelligence that combines industry-leading scalability and performance, deeply integrated analytics, and embedded integration and data-quality -- all in a single platform running on a reliable, low-cost grid infrastructure. Read on.
As organisations contend with escalating demands for greater quantities of information, more sophisticated data analysis, and a burgeoning user population, Oracle Exadata makes database workloads faster, easier to manage, and less expensive. Oracle Exadata is the world’s first database machine to provide extreme performance for both data warehousing and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications.
Business Intelligence systems have been helping organizations improve performance by providing better insights, better decisions and faster actions. Key Performance Indicators, or KPI’s, are measures with targets that help manage business and individual performance. Scorecards help organizations define strategy, identify goals and objectives, achieve alignment and monitor performance in context of business goals and objectives.
Business-critical and mission-critical workloads demanding applications and databases require stable and secure environments. When these types of workloads are deployed on x86 servers, the need to ensure business continuity, maximum uptime, and consistent processing means that IT managers and business unit managers are looking at enterprise x86 servers in a new way: They realize that the business depends on these servers and that x86 server platforms for the enterprise are no longer expendable, as they might have been when servers were dedicated to a single application or when they were deployed as small Web servers that could be easily taken offline and replaced.
Datacenters are an aggregate of very heterogeneous elements interacting with each other and incurring a complex chain of dependencies, particularly around the point of contact between hardware and software. Against this backdrop, IDC is observing a great push from suppliers and end users alike toward a consumption model based on pre-integrated blocks of optimized hardware and software that IT departments need only to fine-tune, as opposed to build out of a collection of different components. Read on.
Getting actionable data in the hands of the right decision makers translates to positive business outcomes – whether that means competing more effectively, reducing operational costs, meeting compliance requirements, or anticipating changing market conditions. To get the right data to the right people at the right time, you need an integrated business intelligence and data warehousing solution that can provide fast access to reliable information and the tools to translate that insight into actions.
In today's competitive environment, IT organizations are under constant pressure to adapt IT resources and to improve levels of service in order to keep pace with the demands of the business. Yet, IDC finds many IT organizations burdened with an overly complex infrastructure that is driving up operating expenses and taxing IT staffing resources.
There is no question that datacenter consolidation has gone mainstream. A recent IDG Research survey of IT managers found that three out of four organizations are in the midst of, or just completing, consolidation of multiple applications or systems onto a smaller number of servers. Improving performance and availability was the key driver of consolidation efforts for 85% of those surveyed.
Today, a new approach to BPM — the use of BPM and SOA together in a layering strategy — offers built-in smartness and high configurability. This dynamic approach to business process management is based on context and content. It offers agility throughout an organization, and it can dramatically increase productivity and time-to-market.
Business Intelligence systems have been helping organisations improve performance by providing better insights, better decisions and faster actions. Key Performance Indicators, or KPI’s, are measures with targets that help manage business and individual performance. Scorecards help organisations define strategy, identify goals and objectives, achieve alignment and monitor performance in context of business goals and objectives. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 4 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/XML) 161018/JP/922Asia
- CCCisco Wi-Fi Network Engineer - SurveyorNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (Oracle/SSADM) 161027/SSA/634Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst- (MQC, QTP, BPMN, Visio or System Architect;NSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation) 161031/ITA/541Asia
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCAutomation Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTProject Manager - FinanceNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW