Data warehousing is undergoing the most radical transformation seen since it was first conceived. One reason for this transformation is that data warehouses are on the front lines of the Big Data explosion. Not only do companies need to manage and store hundreds of terabytes to petabytes of data, they also need to find ways to extract the maximum value from this torrent of increasingly complex and diverse information. Read more.
With an emphasis on storage, this document is a primer to understanding the technical value of Sun hardware in Oracle VM environments. In particular, this paper provides key guidelines for storage architects to plan for Oracle virtualisation utilising a reference configuration based on Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances and Sun Fire servers.
Businesses today increasingly need to leverage a unified database platform to enable the deployment and consolidation of all applications onto one common infrastructure. Whether OLTP, DW or mixed workload a common infrastructure delivers the efficiencies and reusability the datacenter needs – and provides the reality of grid computing in-house. Read on.
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is an easy to deploy solution for hosting the Oracle Database that delivers the highest levels of database performance available. The Exadata Database Machine is a “cloud in a box” composed of database servers, Oracle Exadata Storage Servers, an InfiniBand fabric for storage networking and all the other components required to host an Oracle Database. Read more.
The Database Machine is a complete and fully integrated database system that includes all the components to quickly and easily deploy any enterprise database delivering the best performance and availability. Find out more
According to Forrester, 72 per cent of customers prefer using a company’s website to answer their questions. But only 52.4 per cent actually find the information they need online. Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily, and providing the right solutions means greater customer retention and revenue streams - but this is sometimes not the case. Download to find out more.
Increasingly companies are recognizing the value of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). A true EDW provides a single 360-degree view of the business and a powerful platform for a wide spectrum of business intelligence tasks ranging from predictive analysis to near real-time strategic and tactical decision support throughout the organization. Read on.
Increasingly companies are recognising the value of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). A true EDW provides a single 360-degree view of the business and a powerful platform for a wide spectrum of business intelligence tasks ranging from predictive analysis to near real-time strategic and tactical decision support throughout the organisation. Read more.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- CCSenior Engineer - Finance PackagesQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTSecurity System EngineerSA
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTLife/400 Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCAccessability TesterACT
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCMid-level Java Developer / Programmer (Contract) Finance CBDNSW
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW