CISOs and their security programs face nearly overwhelming pressure to take a renewed focus on data protection. The external forces of advanced threats and a multitude of compliance obligations, combined with the internal forces of new business initiatives, lead to a complex set of data protection requirements. These requirements are then overlaid on an explosion in the volume of data generated and a variety of locations where that data may reside. And if that’s not enough, the scope of data to be protected includes not only customer data, but internal data and system data as well. Read on.
If the fast pace of government and industry standards is any indication, IT teams will not get a break from compliance any time soon. To stay ahead of the game, you have to automate change auditing and configuration assessment in your physical and virtual environments and weave them into your organisation’s day-to-day security plan. Not only does this improve your security posture and ensure that gaps in protection are filled, but it also helps your organisation become more efficient by saving staffing and budget resources for more strategic projects.
This audio whitepaper discusses these important issues and provides IT security and compliance professionals a roadmap and practical advice for implementing an approach to compliance that helps overcome these issues. Read on.
A perfect storm is brewing, with increasingly complex, persistent cyber threats and more numerous and prescriptive compliance mandates to protect against them. In this white paper, learn how to ride out this storm with automated solutions that reduce threats, meet multi-compliance demands, and help pass audits.
Gaining a basic understanding of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a critical first step for PCI compliance efforts. In this paper, learn what it is, who must comply and by when, the penalties for non-compliance, and what new in version 2.0 of the PCI DSS released October 28, 2010.
Compliance is a fact of business life challenging organizations of all sizes. Simply ticking off boxes on audits is not enough to keep you secure in today's society. Read on.
Security “due diligence” can be reduced to the level prescribed by regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is more common than ever. Unfortunately, the results of this flawed thinking include security breaches and other damaging events. Read on.
CISOs and their security programs face nearly overwhelming pressure to take a renewed focus on data protection. The external forces of advanced threats and a multitude of compliance obligations, combined with the internal forces of new business initiatives, lead to a complex set of data protection requirements. Read on.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTMarketing Specialist (B2B Sales)NSW
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW
- FTCloud Infrastructure Specialist - Azure/AWSNSW
- FTSAP Payroll and Time ConsultantVIC
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - DSITIQLD
- FTAgile Test AnalystQLD
- FT.Net Solutions DeveloperSA
- FTJava Development Lead/ / Senior Java DeveloperVIC
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- FTUX DesignerNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions AnalystNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW