CISOs and their security programs face nearly overwhelming pressure to take a renewed focus on data protection. The external forces of advanced threats and a multitude of compliance obligations, combined with the internal forces of new business initiatives, lead to a complex set of data protection requirements. These requirements are then overlaid on an explosion in the volume of data generated and a variety of locations where that data may reside. And if that’s not enough, the scope of data to be protected includes not only customer data, but internal data and system data as well. Read on.
If the fast pace of government and industry standards is any indication, IT teams will not get a break from compliance any time soon. To stay ahead of the game, you have to automate change auditing and configuration assessment in your physical and virtual environments and weave them into your organisation’s day-to-day security plan. Not only does this improve your security posture and ensure that gaps in protection are filled, but it also helps your organisation become more efficient by saving staffing and budget resources for more strategic projects.
This audio whitepaper discusses these important issues and provides IT security and compliance professionals a roadmap and practical advice for implementing an approach to compliance that helps overcome these issues. Read on.
A perfect storm is brewing, with increasingly complex, persistent cyber threats and more numerous and prescriptive compliance mandates to protect against them. In this white paper, learn how to ride out this storm with automated solutions that reduce threats, meet multi-compliance demands, and help pass audits.
Gaining a basic understanding of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is a critical first step for PCI compliance efforts. In this paper, learn what it is, who must comply and by when, the penalties for non-compliance, and what new in version 2.0 of the PCI DSS released October 28, 2010.
Compliance is a fact of business life challenging organizations of all sizes. Simply ticking off boxes on audits is not enough to keep you secure in today's society. Read on.
Security “due diligence” can be reduced to the level prescribed by regulations such as the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) is more common than ever. Unfortunately, the results of this flawed thinking include security breaches and other damaging events. Read on.
CISOs and their security programs face nearly overwhelming pressure to take a renewed focus on data protection. The external forces of advanced threats and a multitude of compliance obligations, combined with the internal forces of new business initiatives, lead to a complex set of data protection requirements. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect - Network & InfrastructureNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTFraud AnalystVIC
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA