The North American division of Vizada is comprised of 125 seats across four locations and includes a number of mobile users. Until recently, Dave Newbern, manager of applications and infrastructure, and his corporate IT staff, were experiencing a huge onslaught of web-borne viruses and malware. Read more.
This story is becoming frustratingly old. Cyber threats are continuously advancing in their adaptability speed, sophistication, and degree of stealthiness. At the same time, the exposed footprint is expanding. More business operations are moving online and end-user devices—corporate-issued and user-owned—are expanding in number and variety. A reasonable question asked by executives responsible for making decisions on their organisations’ security budgets is whether their money and resources are being spent wisely. Are their businesses buying and using the best mix of security technologies to meet their needs and obligations? Read on.
Besides form factor, virtual systems are not really that different than physical systems. They both use the same operating systems and applications. They both present users with computing resources such as RAM and hard drives. Consequently, the ability to exploit vulnerabilities in a physical environment will present a significant threat to virtualised environments as well. This paper examines the different endpoint security methods for virtualised environments and presents how Endpoint Protection security provides optimal performance, protection and manageability.
Malware is at such high levels (more than 60 million unique samples per year) that protecting an endpoint with traditional antivirus software, has become futile. More than 100,000 new types of malware are now released every day, and antivirus vendors are racing to add new protection features to try to keep their protection levels up. Read more.
Endpoint Protection offers a revolutionary approach to endpoint malware protection. It brings together innovative file pattern and behaviour recognition technology with the power of cloud computing to stop known threats and prevent unknown zero-day attacks more effectively than anyone else. Read more.
PassMark Software® conducted objective performance testing on eight (8) security software products, on Windows 7 Ultimate Edition (64-bit) from December 2011 to January 2012. This report presents results and findings as a result of performance benchmark testing conducted for these endpoint security products. The aim of this benchmark was to compare the performance impact of Webroot’s SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection cloud product with seven (7) Traditional Endpoint Security competitor products. Rea more.
With the exponential growth and sophistication of malware today, the security industry can no longer afford to ‘bury its head in the sand’. The bottom line is that traditional endpoint security protection is now ineffective due to the sheer volume, quality, and complexity of malware. This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionisng endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
This paper looks at this problem and how Webroot, by going back to the drawing board on countering malware threats, is revolutionising endpoint protection and solving the issues that hinder existing endpoint security solutions.
Gympie Regional Council in Queensland employs approximately 450 staff to provide infrastructure, programs and facilities for the community. With the implementation of Webroot’s email and web security services, the Council now has reliable protection against spam and viruses for staff and the general public who access the internet in the Council’s offices and public libraries. Read more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract ManagerVIC
- CCProject Specialist - Contact Center and Unified CommunicationsVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer | National Systems Integrator & MSP | CBD locationNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCPortfolio Manager - Customer Service SystemVIC
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical ExpertVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Front End / UI Developer (React.js / LESS / SASS)NSW