The simplest definition of information governance is the management of information assets within an organisation with the end result being compliance and information value creation. The challenge is to implement the controls of compliance while allowing the flexibility to create value from information.
Why simple, elegant tools are better for solving complex, changing problems. An enterprise content management (ECM) system can dramatically improve the business productivity infrastructure of an organisation. The benefits are substantial, but implementing a successful system requires lots of hard work, attention to detail and dedication.
The theory is that GRC allows organisations to open communication between, and deliver visibility across, programs. Breaking down department program silos provides employees with information that helps them meet their objectives and gives the organisation assurance that its processes are operating as designed.
Organisations have always struggled to balance centralised control with individual autonomy. On one side lie the back-office policies and support systems that govern how work is done. On the other side sit knowledge workers, equipped with skills and expertise developed through years of experience. These managers and frontline employees understand the importance of process, but they bristle under too much top-down discipline. Read on.
We all know that the main advantage to cloud computing is that companies can reduce IT capital and operating expenses and align their technology spending more directly with utilization. These advantages are strikingly similar to those achieved by implementing shared services. The disadvantages to the cloud—which aren’t necessarily common to shared services—include data ownership, niche integration requirements and agreeable separation. If moving to the cloud makes sense for your organisation, consider the ECM Shared Service model as an initial step in the transition. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW