The simplest definition of information governance is the management of information assets within an organisation with the end result being compliance and information value creation. The challenge is to implement the controls of compliance while allowing the flexibility to create value from information.
Why simple, elegant tools are better for solving complex, changing problems. An enterprise content management (ECM) system can dramatically improve the business productivity infrastructure of an organisation. The benefits are substantial, but implementing a successful system requires lots of hard work, attention to detail and dedication.
The theory is that GRC allows organisations to open communication between, and deliver visibility across, programs. Breaking down department program silos provides employees with information that helps them meet their objectives and gives the organisation assurance that its processes are operating as designed.
Organisations have always struggled to balance centralised control with individual autonomy. On one side lie the back-office policies and support systems that govern how work is done. On the other side sit knowledge workers, equipped with skills and expertise developed through years of experience. These managers and frontline employees understand the importance of process, but they bristle under too much top-down discipline. Read on.
We all know that the main advantage to cloud computing is that companies can reduce IT capital and operating expenses and align their technology spending more directly with utilization. These advantages are strikingly similar to those achieved by implementing shared services. The disadvantages to the cloud—which aren’t necessarily common to shared services—include data ownership, niche integration requirements and agreeable separation. If moving to the cloud makes sense for your organisation, consider the ECM Shared Service model as an initial step in the transition. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystWA
- CCOSS/BSS Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCAsp.Net Developer with Angular, SQL,Twitter Bootstrapper, CSSNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Temporary Fixed TermQLD
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- CCSenior PHP Developer (12 month contract )VIC
- CCTest Manager - Baseline SecurityVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160726/AP/186Asia
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA