Everyone’s heard the line about the only inevitabilities in life being death and taxes. IT managers, however, would quickly assert a third absolute – higher storage needs. There’s no question data storage requirements continue to skyrocket, and there’s absolutely zero likelihood of that ending any time in our lifetime. Enterprises have successfully controlled their IT budgets and server sprawl issues with the help of virtualisation technologies, but what’s next? Increasingly, organizations are turning to storage consolidation for virtualised server environments in order to reduce data center costs and inefficiencies.
Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
Backup and recovery has become fundamental part of business and an essential element of information management. Information is useless to customers, employees, or business partners can't access it when it is needed. Availability and integrity of information, of the lack of, can directly impact revenues and profits - as well as company reputations. Read more.
A study conducted by Verizon RISK Team with cooperation from the Australian Federal Police, Dutch National High Tech Crime Unit, Irish Reporting & Information Security Service, Police Central e-Crime Unit and United States Secret Service. This year our DBIR includes more incidents, derived from more contributors, and represents a broader and more diverse geographical scope. The number of compromised records across these incidents skyrocketed back up to 174 million after reaching an all-time low (or high, depending on your point of view) in last year’s report of four million. In fact, 2011 boasts the second-highest data loss total since we started keeping track in 2004. Read this report.
Over the past year, the IT security space has had numerous mainstream headlines. From the discovery of sophisticated toolkits with ominous names like Flame to cross-platform zero-day vulnerabilities, both consumers and corporations were inundated with advisories and alerts regarding emerging threats. The frequency of data breaches and incidents, continue their upward trajectory and have already hit new highs in 2011. Click to download!
This survey was designed to quantify the current state of affairs regarding the current and emerging trends in Cloud Computing/SaaS adoption. The survey was sent out to a segment of the Proformative community of several thousand finance, accounting, and treasury professionals and was in the field for a period of approximately three weeks. We received 366 responses. See the results in this whitepaper.
The results of PwC’s annual Global Information Security Survey indicate that companies are confident in their efforts to secure systems, information, and privacy. Strategies and personnel are in place, they say, and processes and technology are humming along. The number of incidents reported seems manageable. Read more.
Bringing your own device to work — BYOD — is not something that an enterprise’s IT organisation has to plan for in the future. The truth about BYOD is that in most organisations, it’s not an emerging trend — it’s already been happening for quite some time. Read this report now to learn about how Australian IT Executives and business leaders are using mobility to generate value within their businesses.
Cloud is now largely viewed by enterprise customers as a viable, sometimes necessary path to outsourcing and service delivery and is a strategic, mobile, and integrated platform which reduces short term IT costs and ensures long term savings. This document focuses on the trends that are driving decision-making on cloud including the growing connection between cloud, mobility, and data; cloud services governance and integration; and continuing development of cloud ecosystems among vendors. Learn how and why companies are deploying cloud services while managing security and compliance, and read how vendors are striving to become more innovative to meet new client needs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
- Google to feature user recommendations in ads
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCTest AnalystACT
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Identity ManagerVIC
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Project Manager - NV1 clearance mandatoryNSW