Unified & Collaborative Communications (UCC) is currently a catchword in modern communication. At Aastra, this means that various media, such as e-mail, fax, video and, of course, telephony, are deployed together as a solution package.
A 5-year old analogue telephony system used by law firm Robinson Legal was costing $36,000 annually in call line and rental charges yet the phones were only being used to make, take and transfer calls without the multi functional benefits available from unified communications and collaboration. Learn how Robinson Legal selected a highly flexible telephony solution that integrated voice, e-mail, text, and faxes and mobile devices – all accessible from just one call number.
The demands on day-to-day business activities are changing all the time with the wide variety of communications media now available being a major contributing factor. They also serve to cut response times, thereby speeding up processes. With employees often working across many different sites being able to control their availability, enables new opportunities for working more efficiently.
Consumer file sharing and synchronization apps like Dropbox have caught on with business users. But these apps lack the security, centralized administration and management of enterprise solutions. Learn about the requirements you should look for in an enterprise-class mobile file sharing solution.
To secure mobile devices while enabling employees to share data securely, organisations need a comprehensive and flexible solution for secure enterprise content mobility. A secure enterprise content mobility solution complements Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions and enables mobile workers to easily share data with other authorised users, while ensuring that data is always secure and IT operations are always compliant. Read this whitepaper to learn: How the popularity of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is creating new security challenges; Why MDM is useful, but not sufficient; How enterprise content mobility provides an essential layer of security and control for organisations with mobile users.
An enterprise mobility strategy needs to include more than the provisioning and security services available through mobile application and MDM solutions. To meet the mobility and security requirements of mobile users, enterprises need to look at deploying a solution for mobile content management (MCM) that supports BYOD policies. Read this whitepaper to learn: Why provisioning for mobile users has become more complex; Ten requirements to consider when selecting a mobile content security solution.
Without policies, education, and officially supported alternatives for sharing files securely, end-users will often overlook security in favor of getting the job done by using free, readily available alternatives. Read this Aberdeen Group report to learn how top-performing organisations support business objectives of end-users while meeting security requirements and: The "Dropbox Problem" defined; Research findings on the changing characteristics of data; Characteristics to look for when evaluating enterprise-class secure file sharing solutions.
With more and more employees downloading free, consumer-grade apps to access work files from mobile devices, your enterprise may be at risk for a security breach. Learn the requirements to ensure mobile file sharing does not jeopardize your organization's data security or compliance mandates.
Unmanaged cloud-based services can put organizations at risk for a data breach or non-compliance. Learn about the factors you should consider for deploying an enterprise-class secure file sharing solution in the cloud—including the benefits and risks of public, private, and hybrid options.
Virtualisation continues to grow in popularity with real implications when it comes to backup and disaster recovery. Acronis compiles an annual survey of worldwide confidence in backup and disaster recovery. This year the survey has also thrown up a number of key global findings some of which are discussed further in this whitepaper, where we look at the continued spread of virtualisation, the implications in terms of backup and recovery.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer/Snr. Analyst Programmer 20160817/vedAsia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- FTIT Manager - Infrastructure Strategy and OperationsNSW
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC