In this whitepaper, we look at ten essential steps in creating an effective action plan to defend against targeted attacks and APTs. These steps will help you to consider your current situational awareness, level of preparation and operative ability to ward off a persistent attacker. For more, click to download
This research paper presents findings on APT-related spear phishing from February to September 2012. We analysed APT-related spear-phishing emails collected throughout this period to understand and mitigate attacks. The information we gathered not only allowed us to obtain specific details on spear phishing but also on targeted attacks. We found, for instance, that 91% of targeted attacks involve spear-phishing emails, reinforcing the belief that spear phishing is a primary means by which APT attackers infiltrate target networks.
Today’s successful targeted attacks use a combination of social engineering, malware, and backdoor activities. This research paper will discuss how advanced detection techniques can be used to identify malware command-and control (C&C) communications related to these attacks, illustrating how even the most high-profile and successful attacks of the past few years could have been discovered.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnology TrainerNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (CISCO/IT Security) 161028/AP/142Asia
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCUnix Project LeadNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCSolution DesignerVIC