In this whitepaper, we look at ten essential steps in creating an effective action plan to defend against targeted attacks and APTs. These steps will help you to consider your current situational awareness, level of preparation and operative ability to ward off a persistent attacker. For more, click to download
This research paper presents findings on APT-related spear phishing from February to September 2012. We analysed APT-related spear-phishing emails collected throughout this period to understand and mitigate attacks. The information we gathered not only allowed us to obtain specific details on spear phishing but also on targeted attacks. We found, for instance, that 91% of targeted attacks involve spear-phishing emails, reinforcing the belief that spear phishing is a primary means by which APT attackers infiltrate target networks.
Today’s successful targeted attacks use a combination of social engineering, malware, and backdoor activities. This research paper will discuss how advanced detection techniques can be used to identify malware command-and control (C&C) communications related to these attacks, illustrating how even the most high-profile and successful attacks of the past few years could have been discovered.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Extreme swallows Zebra’s WLAN biz for $55 million
- Facebook to begin testing its Internet drone this year
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Vodafone puts idle smartphones to work to fight cancer
- A look at the connected police car concept (+12 photos)
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- CCProduct OwnerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagersACT
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorACT
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TPLead Project ManagerQLD
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- CCJava API Developer - MediaVIC
- TPFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- CCService Desk Consultants - Urgent - Large multinational!!NSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior Platform DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC