Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
This paper discusses: • The growing challenge of maintaining information security in today’s evolving enterprise environment • Key advantages of desktop virtualization as an inherently more secure computing architecture • The top ten benefits of using desktop virtualization to strengthen information security • And how you can regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
This infographic based on research by IDC details how businesses in Australia, Pacific and Japan can come out on top against tremendous pressure to reduce capital expenses, while maximising existing investments and improving utilisation and efficiency. • APJ businesses suffer longer retention periods, increased scrutiny of stored data and the need for greater leverage, storage and protection • 81% companies lack recovery confidence, while 71% have experienced data loss in last year • Overarching storage management services add value and the oversight the business needs, with average cost savings of US$2.6 million annually
Traditional backup architectures lack the flexibility, agility, and scale to meet new data protection challenges and requirements. That’s where a Protection Storage Architecture comes in. This whitepaper details how transformational architecture enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges, while helping to evolve IT teams.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
It is no secret that modern information-based attacks have become increasingly sophisticated and common, and these advanced threats present one of the most important challenges facing network security teams today. In this whitepaper, we look at some of the most important criteria to consider when architecting your defences against advanced attacks and modern malware.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant-Baseline Clearance RequiredNSW
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCVirtualization ArchitectACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- CCMigration OfficerQLD
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC