Everybody has logs and ultimately will have to deal with them. In this guide, Dr. Anton Chuvakin analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management for a new solution. · Security information and event management (SIEM) emerged in the 1990s, but it has always been controversial · This paper analyses the relationship between SIEM and log management, focusing on technical differences, uses and architecting joint deployments · Dr Chuvakin provides recommendations for companies that have deployed log management or SIEM so they can plot their roadmap for enhancing deployment
This paper discusses: • The growing challenge of maintaining information security in today’s evolving enterprise environment • Key advantages of desktop virtualization as an inherently more secure computing architecture • The top ten benefits of using desktop virtualization to strengthen information security • And how you can regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
Backup and recovery has become an essential element of data protection. The availability and integrity of data can directly impact revenues, profits, and company reputations. The people, process and infrastructure involved can also affect key business initiatives. This whitepaper explains the real challenges of traditional architecture, and why protection storage architecture might be the solution.
This whitepaper examines some common practices in enterprise storage array design and discusses opportunities for improving enterprise storage strategy by thinking with random I/O rather than sequential. A good enterprise storage array attempts to sequentialise the workload seen by the hard drives, regardless of the native data pattern at the host level. A single Solid State Drive (SSD) is capable of random I/O that would require hundreds of hard drives to match. However, obtaining this performance from an SSD is challenging. A new class of enterprise data storage system doesn’t substitute flash, but engineers an entirely new array to unlock flash’s full performance potential and deliver array-based capabilities
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
This helpful infographic details how Flash is transforming the way we think about storage and enabling innovation across IT, plus helps readers choose the best solutions for their business. Flash allows a new breed of applications, speed, leaner costs, and model efficiency Flexible options allow organizations to bring enterprise-level availability to mission critical, performance-intensive applications Experiencing the full effect of Flash depends on having the right architecture
This infographic based on research by IDC details how businesses in Australia, Pacific and Japan can come out on top against tremendous pressure to reduce capital expenses, while maximising existing investments and improving utilisation and efficiency. • APJ businesses suffer longer retention periods, increased scrutiny of stored data and the need for greater leverage, storage and protection • 81% companies lack recovery confidence, while 71% have experienced data loss in last year • Overarching storage management services add value and the oversight the business needs, with average cost savings of US$2.6 million annually
Traditional backup architectures lack the flexibility, agility, and scale to meet new data protection challenges and requirements. That’s where a Protection Storage Architecture comes in. This whitepaper details how transformational architecture enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges, while helping to evolve IT teams.
This whitepaper is the second in a three-part series on distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) and multi-tier DDoS protection. This section details the design and capabilities of different forms of protection architecture designed for a variety of circumstances, while also providing alternative approaches. The paper also explains how to maintain availability, including network and application defense and DNS DDoS Mitigation.
It is no secret that modern information-based attacks have become increasingly sophisticated and common, and these advanced threats present one of the most important challenges facing network security teams today. In this whitepaper, we look at some of the most important criteria to consider when architecting your defences against advanced attacks and modern malware.
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Israeli soldiers hit in cyberespionage campaign using Android malware
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
- How to make home IoT more secure: Assume the worst
PCW Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Event Management)NSW
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- TPSolution Architect - Real-Time Tracking SystemVIC
- FTL1 Application SupportWA
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Internet of ThingsNSW
- FTPresales Solutions ArchitectQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCSQL Server BI DeveloperQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCTelecommunication Operations SpecialistTAS
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTBusiness Development Executive - Queensland Public SectorQLD
- CCData Engineer (Java/ Data/ Big Data Developer)VIC
- CCProject Manager - Adelaide basedNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT