With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Optimised license management is a necessity for all licenses owned by the enterprise. While organisations are starting to understand their license position for the desktop estate, the reality is that licensing in the datacenter presents a daunting set of challenges that require a robust, automated license management solution. Learn about how to address the unique license management requirements of all enterprise IT environments including the desktop and the datacenter.
IBM provides thousands of products in its portfolio and uses a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. These license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organisations trying to grasp the concepts while maintaining license compliance. While at first IBM licensing may seem incomprehensible, some education on the license models and licensing scenarios will help minimise the confusion. In addition, a more automated approach to managing licenses enables organisations to gain control, reduce ongoing software costs and minimise license liability risks. Read on.
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Bitcoin exchanges set to be covered by anti-money-laundering rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- CCWeb Content Developer- Angular, PHP, interface backgroundNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior DevOps ConsultantVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSAP HR & Payroll consultant - July STARTACT
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (Lotus Notes/Networking) 160504/AP/781Asia
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel AnalystACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA