Done right, BYOD can improve both productivity and job satisfaction. But done incorrectly, it can frustrate employees and lead to significant security concerns. · In 2012, Ovum pointed out the growing risk from unmanaged BYOD · The wide-open approach has done a lot to bring personal devices into the workplace, creating justified concerns about risk. · A recent Microsoft survey suggests personal technology has a positive impact in transforming our lives as well as innovation
A technical how-to guide— updated for Android 4.4, iOS 7.1, and Windows Phone and Surface 8.1.
Creating a secure mobility strategy that provides a flexible, productive work environment and fosters innovation requires commitment from the CIO. This Guide provides the six stages to building an effective workplace environment, by enabling mobile devices to securely access the network.
IT departments have a huge opportunity to make their enterprises more agile, cost efficient and competitive by embracing the opportunities available through mobile devices and connectivity. Embracing mobility doesn't have to be complicated or costly - this report tells you how.
The rise of BYOD is creating governance and regulatory nightmares while providing end users with unprecedented flexibility and agility. While IT is still intrigued by the possibility of a better desktop management model and the operational savings client virtualization software could deliver, it is the increased governance and the ability to deliver desktops, applications, and data to any device that are driving today's purchases.
Employees are one of your greatest risks to information security. We share five proven techniques to strengthen your security strategy and protect your business.
Best practices for protecting sensitive business information while making people productive from anywhere.
The ability to take Windows applications and desktops mobile has many advantages, but the variation in mobile device types, including form factor and platform, makes the process of identifying a single solution to address all the employees’ requirements complex. What strategies should you consider to address this challenge?
Mobility has given people new freedom to work anywhere, at any time - but it has also brought endless complications for IT. We show you how you can empower people to use Windows applications and native mobile apps on any type of device - with full security.
Today’s workers expect greater levels of flexibility as they do their jobs, particularly the types of devices they work on and the locations they work from. IT must find ways to provide users with the required Windows business applications on mobile devices and in remote locations whilst preventing corporate data from leaving secure storage locations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- That moment when you realize you're exchanging emails with a robot
- Google's Inbox uses machine learning to speed up email replies
- Google's Gmail finally adds the ability to block email, but there's a better way
- New Cryptolocker variant discovered targeting Australians
- Twitter gobbles up more cookies with retargeted ads, says users have privacy choices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCData Center ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCInstructional DesignerQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCProject Coordinator (urgent) - Digital - Blue chip companyNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCMEAN Stack DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCWindows Automation EngineerVIC