Raiffeisen Bank required a mobility solution that would both maintain the strict security requirements of the banking industry while delivering the best possible user experience for its employees. Read this case study to see how secure mobility increased efficiency, flexibility and innovation without compromising corporate data security.
As one of the largest accounting and business advisory groups in Singapore, CLSF aspired to reduce customer service turnaround time and improve competitiveness by empowering 85% of its work force with on the go productivity. Read how secure mobility helped CLSF reached their goals and increase productivity by 40%.
This whitepaper contains case study research by Forrester consulting focused on continuous availability and the total economic impact of deploying EMC technology
The study provides readers with a framework to evaluate the potential financial impact of EMC technology on their organisations
To better understand the benefits, costs and risks associated with deploying the technology, Forrester interviewed four current EMC customers.
Research also revealed how to minimize downtime, improve asset utilisation and load balancing, while increasing efficiency in data migration and hardware maintenance
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
With EmblemHealth’s company headquarters flooded after Hurricane Sandy in 2012, this paper explains how a mobile laptop solution enabled displaced employees to work remotely and maintain productivity.
• Hurricane Sandy’s surge swamped the building’s sublevels, where its mechanical and electrical systems reside, rendering it uninhabitable for three months • Employees who were working remotely could access the company’s intranet to get updates as needed • Corporate notebooks were also essential to mobile workers such as visiting nurses and health coaches
This whitepaper details how the Academy of Art University in the US uses high-performing, reliable workstations, servers, and PCs to help design students get ready for the workforce. • The University has a cross-academy strategy that seeks to give all departments, including faculty and administrative staff, technology that fosters innovation. • The Academy can support its technology strategy and prepare students for success in the emerging innovation economy • The University can also better support remote learning
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines.
· The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students
· Platform resiliency was crucial
· With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
In this report, UXC Connect’s Steve Saunders describes a real-life case study where a major services organisation overcame the challenge of managing diversity across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments. • For historical reasons, many large organisations put more effort into support than they should • A common challenge is managing diversity by creating commonality across multiple locations, user expectations and technology environments • The solution involves centralised remote management and standardised technical support and maintenance arrangements
This Tech Research Asia end user case study analyses the results of the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) by Land Information New Zealand (LINZ) to support its end user computing strategy. This strategy includes the establishment of a three-tier IT service model. This case study also investigates the reasons why LINZ adopted the technology, the goals it was striving to achieve, and the outcomes it has realised. This case study also provides advice to technology leaders considering their own workplace strategy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCContracts ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Telecommunications) / Melb CBDVIC
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW