Read this whitepaper to find out how one of New Zealand’s oldest leading law firms was able to remove tangible risk to the business and enhance productivity by rapidly deploying an improved fundamental Unified Communication solution.
Like a large number of businesses in New Zealand and around the world, BNZ was close to reaching capacity in its datacenter and needed to determine how to maximise space while keeping costs down. “BNZ had defined two important goals for the future, both of which relied heavily on IT. The first was for the organisation to become carbon neutral by 2010 and the second was to explore open source opportunities though the adoption of Linux.” Another challenge BNZ faced was to create a disaster recovery solution. Its datacentres - one in Auckland, New Zealand and the other in East Melbourne, Australia are separated by the Tasman Sea.
With the agility and intelligence provided by their management tools, Columbia sportswear is transforming IT to be much more service oriented in fulfilling business requests and delivering resources as needed. It’s allowing IT to “never say no” with an infrastructure that can handle nearly any project that comes through the door.
Construction and building services group Fairbrother was struggling to execute distributed data backup and recovery processes across its nine offices. Lack of regular tape changing at remote sites, data volumes exceeding tape size and a concern about tape reliability prompted them to seek a more effective business continuity solution.
Fox Sports Australia needed a way to deal with explosive data growth while moving to a new purpose-built studio and production facility. Read how an internal private broadcaster helped the broadcaster meet these challenges while savings costs, decreasing system implementation time and reducing IT support calls by 75%.
Every year, 32 music graduates are selected from around the world by Southbank Sinfonia for public performance and professional development. Since investing in a strong telepresence, the organisation has been able to recruit musicians from New Zealand to Spain and dramatically reduce their travelling costs and their carbon footprint. Click to download!
A 5-year old analogue telephony system used by law firm Robinson Legal was costing $36,000 annually in call line and rental charges yet the phones were only being used to make, take and transfer calls without the multi functional benefits available from unified communications and collaboration. Learn how Robinson Legal selected a highly flexible telephony solution that integrated voice, e-mail, text, and faxes and mobile devices – all accessible from just one call number.
Energy producers from surrounding countries load power onto the Swedish National Grid’s network, with energy suppliers then paying the Swedish National Grid to load onto their grids for them to sell-on to customers. Using Clearswift’s Email Appliance, and MIMEsweeper for SMTP means that the organisation has safe and resilient email helping them to meet their goal of providing a safe, robust, cost-effective and environmentally sound energy transmission system.
In a study by the University of Bradford study, we look at the benefits of a strong telepresence and how organisations can become faster, more focused and environmentally responsible. Click to download!
After a series of acquisitions, the online travel booking business Wotif.com was running seven data centres – each with their own policies. While consolidating their environments into one, it needed have the ability to it’s protect data and endpoints in a heterogeneous environment. Find out the company met its needs whilst making a six figure saving in its infrastructure costs.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
- LinkedIn aims to make email more professional, with LinkedIn Intro
- 5G will have to do more than send speed up your phone, Ericsson says
- Wireless world record: Researchers transfer data at 100Gbps through the air
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160824/AP/531Asia
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (.Net/SQL Server) 160829/SA/244Asia