Many Asia-Pacific organisations lack or are hindered in their ability to integrate, analyse, and extract insights from multiple internal and external databases. When it comes to big data, Asia-Pacific organisations lag behind the U.S. and Europe in data warehouse, business intelligence, and analytics investments. But don’t expect that to last. Download to find out the big shifts in marketing strategies to improve behavioural targeting and personalisation.
This comprehensive whitepaper details twenty simple yet crucial questions to ask vendors about all-flash arrays that can impact the success of your data centre roll-out.
Discuss the design, flexibility, and availability of all-flash array architecture The impacts on data, including global inline data reduction, deduplication and double failure data protection Consider how it weighs up to industry standards, such as overall performance and green efficiencies
While many who invest in Data Centre Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software benefit greatly, some do not. Research has revealed a number of pitfalls that end users should avoid when evaluating and implementing DCIM solutions. Choosing an inappropriate solution, relying on inadequate processes, and a lack of commitment / ownership / knowledge can each undermine a chosen toolset’s ability to deliver the value it was designed to provide. This paper describes these common pitfalls and provides practical guidance on how to avoid them.
The data centre is now a strategic part of the hybrid cloud mix. This whitepaper discusses what you should know about the future of data centre and how to position your organisation for agility and growth. • Australia’s data centre market grew 17.2% to over $700 million in the last year. • Data centre engagement is often seen just as a commercial relationship, not a business relationship. • The 5 most important points CIOs need to consider before choosing a data centre
This whitepaper lists key things to look for when researching a deduplication storage solution, providing insight on solutions uniquely positioned to deliver tremendous business value. • All deduplication solutions can reduce your storage requirements. However, how efficiently they do it and whether your critical data can actually be reliably recovered vary greatly • Solutions that are a cut above provide the scale, performance and efficient replication you require • This paper focuses on new technology leadership, differentiation, and why it matters to you
This whitepaper reveals which vendor is demonstrating that it has appreciated the broad, long-term strategic importance of flash storage and is moving rapidly to both maximize and optimize its use across its portfolio. You could be forgiven for thinking flash storage is the saviour of the storage world, but the truth is far more about pragmatism than panacea. This is because flash is a technology, and not a market Solid-state storage has been around in some form or another for over three decades, but only in the last few years has it become widely adopted Looking ahead, the most successful vendors seem certain to be those that offer—in addition to a range of solutions—a hybrid approach
A decade or so ago, security wasn’t nearly as challenging as it is today. Users, data and applications were all centralized in data centers that, in effect, kept them contained within a network perimeter. This eBook outlines how the open enterprise has changed the role of security.
Surprise incidences of downtime in server rooms and remote wiring closets lead to sleepless nights for many IT managers. Most can recount horror stories about how bad luck, human error, or just simple incompetence brought their server rooms down. This paper analyzes several of these incidents and makes recommendations for how a basic monitoring system can help reduce the occurrence of these unanticipated events.
The market for integrated systems is a key growth area for data centre hardware infrastructure. This report sizes the market and profiles early leaders in this important and emerging area. • The integrated systems market is growing, with revenue increasing 53.7% year on year. • Large enterprises are currently the key customers, while the small business segment is underserved. • There is significant opportunity for overall segment growth
Read about how Molina Healthcare managed to increase application performance and speed provisioning while reducing data centre footprint by implementing agile infrastructure to meet increased demand for services.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ