This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
It’s impossible to conduct a storage conversation these days without talking about “solid-state” or “flash storage.” Along with “virtualisation” and “cloud,” it’s one of those de-rigueur phrases. And, like those other two, flash is suffering from an over-exposure that can assume familiarity and understanding where it does not exist.
Customers are increasingly virtualising their environments to maximize capacity and cut cost. With only a few Flash drives and the software products in the FAST Suite, EMC VNX customers can realise those same benefits in their storage environment with a Flash 1st data strategy. Download now and find out how customers no longer have to compromise between performance & TCO.
Given the proliferation of external source-generated information, it's no wonder that stored data growth within the data centre now averages 50 - 80% on a compounded annual growth rate basis. This growth is only expected to accelerate - not decrease - and many enterprises should prepare to manage storage at the petabyte scale. This resource proposes a method for today's enterprise to handle this data - storage equipped for the petabyte scale. Check it out now to discover the attributes of a storage infrastructure that can be managed at the petabyte scale and learn how you can turn these attributes into concrete features of your storage.
The risks facing high-speed data networks and unencrypted data while in motion are very real and on the rise. As information becomes one of the most valuable ‘off balance sheet’ assets, protection of that information and the investment in it is a paramount obligation of office-holders and management. Read now for a better understanding of the risks to data in motion.
In a sluggish economy, getting the best ROI on every IT dollar spent is the top priority for almost every business. Storage budgets in most IT environments continue to remain flat or are capped as a percentage of the overall IT spend, while data storage requirements continue to grow at an unsustainable pace. Download now to learn about the benefits of using flash in automated storage tiering.
There are four key characteristics that define big data: Volume, Velocity, Variety and Value. Volume and velocity aren't necessarily new problems for IT managers; these issues are just amplified today. The distinguishing characteristics of big data that do create new problems are the variety and low density value of the data. Learn more.
How we build and use complex IT systems has evolved dramatically over the last 10 years however application performance monitoring (APM) remains dominated by traditional “bottom-up” approaches that emanate from infrastructure monitoring practices and a concern for technology over service delivery. We propose a fundamentally different top-down methodology that derives its approach from the principles of systems engineering. This approach focuses on service delivery, not technology, and is well suited to problem localisation in complex systems. Read on.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
- Microsoft beefs up its Surface Book and Surface Pro 4
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTBusiness Analyst (Superannuation)NSW
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Data Management/Web) 160818/SA/602Asia
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/PHP) 160819/P/733Asia
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCTest Environment ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Project Server/SharePoint exposureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET/SQL Server) 160829/AP/267Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystSA
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC