This whitepaper details how Protection Storage Architecture can provide a data protection platform that can evolve with business and technical requirements.
Over the next few years, IT will be faced with a new set of data protection challenges, centered on delivering multiple data protection services
Transformational architecture not only enables backup teams to solve immediate tactical challenges but also helps IT teams keep business applications running
Protection Storage Architecture has three core components: protection storage, data source integration and data management services
(Tags: data protection, storage architecture, integration, data management, recovery, backup)
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
It’s impossible to conduct a storage conversation these days without talking about “solid-state” or “flash storage.” Along with “virtualisation” and “cloud,” it’s one of those de-rigueur phrases. And, like those other two, flash is suffering from an over-exposure that can assume familiarity and understanding where it does not exist.
Customers are increasingly virtualising their environments to maximize capacity and cut cost. With only a few Flash drives and the software products in the FAST Suite, EMC VNX customers can realise those same benefits in their storage environment with a Flash 1st data strategy. Download now and find out how customers no longer have to compromise between performance & TCO.
Given the proliferation of external source-generated information, it's no wonder that stored data growth within the data centre now averages 50 - 80% on a compounded annual growth rate basis. This growth is only expected to accelerate - not decrease - and many enterprises should prepare to manage storage at the petabyte scale. This resource proposes a method for today's enterprise to handle this data - storage equipped for the petabyte scale. Check it out now to discover the attributes of a storage infrastructure that can be managed at the petabyte scale and learn how you can turn these attributes into concrete features of your storage.
The risks facing high-speed data networks and unencrypted data while in motion are very real and on the rise. As information becomes one of the most valuable ‘off balance sheet’ assets, protection of that information and the investment in it is a paramount obligation of office-holders and management. Read now for a better understanding of the risks to data in motion.
In a sluggish economy, getting the best ROI on every IT dollar spent is the top priority for almost every business. Storage budgets in most IT environments continue to remain flat or are capped as a percentage of the overall IT spend, while data storage requirements continue to grow at an unsustainable pace. Download now to learn about the benefits of using flash in automated storage tiering.
There are four key characteristics that define big data: Volume, Velocity, Variety and Value. Volume and velocity aren't necessarily new problems for IT managers; these issues are just amplified today. The distinguishing characteristics of big data that do create new problems are the variety and low density value of the data. Learn more.
How we build and use complex IT systems has evolved dramatically over the last 10 years however application performance monitoring (APM) remains dominated by traditional “bottom-up” approaches that emanate from infrastructure monitoring practices and a concern for technology over service delivery. We propose a fundamentally different top-down methodology that derives its approach from the principles of systems engineering. This approach focuses on service delivery, not technology, and is well suited to problem localisation in complex systems. Read on.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- SanDisk builds tougher flash for IoT devices
- It's official: HP will break itself in two
- Seagate launches 4TB portable drive with wireless smartphone backup
- Planned new USB connector will fit both ways
- Toshiba offers to buy failed SSD maker OCZ
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCSharepoint Analyst DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS EngineerNSW
- CCLead Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Data ArchitectNSW
- CCPricing ManagerNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Configuration ManagerACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation Engineer / TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCService Coordinator/HelpdeskWA
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCInformatica DeveloperNSW
- CCIOS DeveloperWA