In this paper we will review Oracle GoldenGate’s capabilities and how it can be used to achieve zero downtime migration and consolidation to Oracle Exadata. We will provide high-level implementation steps for migration with GoldenGate and a customer case study example.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases accordingly, complete with associated risks that must be mitgrated. Today's It professionals are being asked to manage more information, and deliver that information to their users, with ever increasing quality of service, in a timely manner. And, in today's econimic climate, IT orgainisations are additionally tasked with reducing budgets and deriving greater value out of their exisiting investments.
Perhaps you’ve heard that the next new thing in IT is ‘big data’ and concluded that the hype-cycle machine is turning out another attention-getter. I’m not big on predicting paradigm shifts, so I won’t in this case. But I will say that if you’re an IT professional, you ignore big data at your peril. I believe this one is all it’s cracked up to be and more. Read more.
IT executives are always encouraged to lead, follow or get out the way. In the case of Big Data, your best bet may be to lead. Just over half of organisations (54 percent) are already devising Big Data strategies to generate more value from existing data, according to CIO Magazine's May 2012 study, "Peer2Peer: The Changing Landscape". In this guide, we layout the benefits of Big Data and predictive analytics, give you tips on getting started and share the benefits that business have already achieved by marrying these two great powerhouses.
Reactive decision-making, while successful in the past, has proven ineffective in recent times. Organisations can no longer wait to make critical choices after an opportunity arises or a problem is uncovered. They must take a more proactive approach to running their businesses by anticipating important changes, events, and trends, and taking action before they occur. Read on.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Today, with increasing numbers of data breaches attributed to human error, finding a clear route to data protection can appear to be a daunting prospect. By focusing on content and not the threat, organisations can implement flexible policies that eliminate human error from the data protection headache. Read more.
This WinterCorp Executive Report provides an introduction to big data. The Report describes what big data really is and why big data is enabling new business opportunities. The Report then reviews requirements and describes the approach adopted by Oracle Corporation to provide its customers with enterprise class products for big data.
Increasingly companies are recognising the value of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). A true EDW provides a single 360-degree view of the business and a powerful platform for a wide spectrum of business intelligence tasks ranging from predictive analysis to near real-time strategic and tactical decision support throughout the organisation. Read more.
Oracle Data Mining provides powerful data mining functionality within the Oracle Database. It enables you to discover new insights hidden in your data and to leverage your investment in Oracle Database technology. With Oracle Data Mining, you can build and apply predictive models that help you target your best customers, develop detailed customer profiles, and find and prevent fraud. Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, helps your company better compete on analytics.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- 2 ZTE Axon 7 review: Is ZTE dumping old stock on Australia?
- 3 Oppo R9s smartphone full review
- 4 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 5 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung's 960 Pro and 960 Evo SSDs marry crazy-fast speeds with roomy capacity
- Start-up sells a stamp-sized Linux server for $5
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- IBM targets x86 server territory with new Power servers
- As Dell and HPE revamp, Lenovo sets sights on enterprise cloud servers
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Huawei Mate 9 full in-depth smartphone review
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTLevel 2 Technical Support OfficerQLD
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCERP Business Analyst (Time Capture/ Management) - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPInstructional Designer | DETQLD
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCCloud Security Solutions Architect - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Supply Chain Modules)VIC
- CCIntegration DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Java Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- TPData AnalystWA
- CCData Analyst - AutoHaulWA
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- FTERP Data Migration Consultant - Software Company - Permanent - SydneyNSW
- TPImplementation Business Partner - Business ModernisationNSW
- TPSenior Network EngineerWA
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTIMO Change Manager - EclipseNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPSharePoint AnalystQLD
- CCLevel 1/2 SAP Support AnalystACT