In this paper we will review Oracle GoldenGate’s capabilities and how it can be used to achieve zero downtime migration and consolidation to Oracle Exadata. We will provide high-level implementation steps for migration with GoldenGate and a customer case study example.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases accordingly, complete with associated risks that must be mitgrated. Today's It professionals are being asked to manage more information, and deliver that information to their users, with ever increasing quality of service, in a timely manner. And, in today's econimic climate, IT orgainisations are additionally tasked with reducing budgets and deriving greater value out of their exisiting investments.
Perhaps you’ve heard that the next new thing in IT is ‘big data’ and concluded that the hype-cycle machine is turning out another attention-getter. I’m not big on predicting paradigm shifts, so I won’t in this case. But I will say that if you’re an IT professional, you ignore big data at your peril. I believe this one is all it’s cracked up to be and more. Read more.
IT executives are always encouraged to lead, follow or get out the way. In the case of Big Data, your best bet may be to lead. Just over half of organisations (54 percent) are already devising Big Data strategies to generate more value from existing data, according to CIO Magazine's May 2012 study, "Peer2Peer: The Changing Landscape". In this guide, we layout the benefits of Big Data and predictive analytics, give you tips on getting started and share the benefits that business have already achieved by marrying these two great powerhouses.
Reactive decision-making, while successful in the past, has proven ineffective in recent times. Organisations can no longer wait to make critical choices after an opportunity arises or a problem is uncovered. They must take a more proactive approach to running their businesses by anticipating important changes, events, and trends, and taking action before they occur. Read on.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Today, with increasing numbers of data breaches attributed to human error, finding a clear route to data protection can appear to be a daunting prospect. By focusing on content and not the threat, organisations can implement flexible policies that eliminate human error from the data protection headache. Read more.
This WinterCorp Executive Report provides an introduction to big data. The Report describes what big data really is and why big data is enabling new business opportunities. The Report then reviews requirements and describes the approach adopted by Oracle Corporation to provide its customers with enterprise class products for big data.
Increasingly companies are recognising the value of an enterprise data warehouse (EDW). A true EDW provides a single 360-degree view of the business and a powerful platform for a wide spectrum of business intelligence tasks ranging from predictive analysis to near real-time strategic and tactical decision support throughout the organisation. Read more.
Oracle Data Mining provides powerful data mining functionality within the Oracle Database. It enables you to discover new insights hidden in your data and to leverage your investment in Oracle Database technology. With Oracle Data Mining, you can build and apply predictive models that help you target your best customers, develop detailed customer profiles, and find and prevent fraud. Oracle Data Mining, a component of the Oracle Advanced Analytics Option, helps your company better compete on analytics.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Senior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCGraduate Web DeveloperWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCAccounts Payable/Contract Officer- NSW Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness/Technical Consultant (CPM)QLD
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of the innovation programVIC
- CCNetApp ConsultantWA
- CCIT Risk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Oracle/Unix/WebLogic) 161020/SA/693Asia
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportWA