The CIO of any modern, mission-critical, enterprise data centre faces a raft of problems, especially concerning total cost of ownership (TCO) of the IT infrastructure, not only due to the inefficient use of the micro-processors used in that infrastructure, but also due to the energy wasted in operating the server platforms and cooling the IT environment. It is important to keep in mind that the CIO is not looking for just a better platform, but a better solution. Last year’s announcement of POWER7 was adopted readily by their base with as many as 3500 mission-critical data centres migrating from SPARC and Itanium to POWER. With this latest upgrade to the POWER7 architecture, IBM is redefining performance expectations for the IT infrastructure. They are enabling data centres to deliver enterprise applications and services faster than ever before, and at a lower cost. POWER is not going away anytime soon! If you are looking to reduce the TCO of your IT infrastructure and are concerned about your existing platforms, take a look at how IBM’s POWER7 servers raise the ceiling, again.
This white paper will highlight WebFOCUS Hyperstage, an effective and economical way for users of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS BI platform to achieve outstanding reporting and analytic performance – even in the face of expanding data volumes. Hyperstage is a query-optimized data store, embedded directly into the WebFOCUS environment. Read on.
Reactive decision-making, while successful in the past, has proven ineffective in recent times. Organisations can no longer wait to make critical choices after an opportunity arises or a problem is uncovered. They must take a more proactive approach to running their businesses by anticipating important changes, events, and trends, and taking action before they occur. Read on.
Today’s customer experience management (CEM) programs require the involvement and collaboration of all key stakeholders within the enterprise. Aberdeen Group believes that two of these stakeholders are the CIO and CMO, and they must be aligned to drive superior customer and corporate value.
Given the proliferation of external source-generated information, it's no wonder that stored data growth within the data centre now averages 50 - 80% on a compounded annual growth rate basis. This growth is only expected to accelerate - not decrease - and many enterprises should prepare to manage storage at the petabyte scale. This resource proposes a method for today's enterprise to handle this data - storage equipped for the petabyte scale. Check it out now to discover the attributes of a storage infrastructure that can be managed at the petabyte scale and learn how you can turn these attributes into concrete features of your storage.
In this paper we will review Oracle GoldenGate’s capabilities and how it can be used to achieve zero downtime migration and consolidation to Oracle Exadata. We will provide high-level implementation steps for migration with GoldenGate and a customer case study example.
There are four key characteristics that define big data: Volume, Velocity, Variety and Value. Volume and velocity aren't necessarily new problems for IT managers; these issues are just amplified today. The distinguishing characteristics of big data that do create new problems are the variety and low density value of the data. Learn more.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases accordingly, complete with associated risks that must be mitgrated. Today's It professionals are being asked to manage more information, and deliver that information to their users, with ever increasing quality of service, in a timely manner. And, in today's econimic climate, IT orgainisations are additionally tasked with reducing budgets and deriving greater value out of their exisiting investments.
This WinterCorp Executive Report provides an introduction to big data. The Report describes what big data really is and why big data is enabling new business opportunities. The Report then reviews requirements and describes the approach adopted by Oracle Corporation to provide its customers with enterprise class products for big data.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- These are the 3 big reveals from Microsoft's Surface event
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
- DDoS attack shows dangers of IoT 'running rampant'
- Despite concerns, analysts expect an OK for AT&T-Time Warner deal
- DNA testing for jobs may be on its way, warns Gartner
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- TPNetwork and Voice EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Security - TelcoVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- FTDesktop Support EngineerWA
- CCNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior C# .Net EngineerNSW
- FTMULTIPLE PERM PROJECT MANAGERSACT
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTWebSphere MQ Application SupportQLD
- CCApplication Senior Project ManagerACT
- TPProject Coordinator - IT projectsVIC
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Writer / Instructional Designer - 3 mth contact - ASAP StartNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- TPSolution Architect - PortalWA
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT roleNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT