Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources or shared services. The key benefits of cloud computing are reduced costs, reduced complexity, improved quality of service, and increased flexibility when responding to changes in workload. Read more.
This paper focuses on key Oracle Database 11g capabilities that help IT departments better optimise their storage infrastructure, enabling administrators to deliver a cost-effective, scalable data management platform that is easy to manage, reduces costs, and protects data while continuing to deliver the performance and availability that today’s businesses require.
Leveraging data in innovative ways offers businesses unparalleled opportunities to understand and respond to the needs of a rapidly moving and changing market. Yet as an increasing volume of data from ever-growing numbers of sources pours into data centres, today’s enterprise is just as likely to drown in its data as it is to harness it for a strategic market advantage. Read more.
British Telecommunications depends heavily on its database infrastructure to support critical business applications. But the complexity of managing thousands of databases representing a mix of products, versions, operating systems, and hardware was taking a toll. Read more.
Greater flexibility, improved performance, lower costs – the list of cloud benefits goes on and on. While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how it will integrate with existing applications and systems.
This valuable resource explores the need for seamless integration when adopting a cloud strategy, and introduces an approach that can ease your integration woes. Read on to learn more now.
Over the last several decades, database management systems have become an integral part of every corporate IT landscape. The challenge for every organisation that tracks large amounts of data is to cost effectively deal with explosive growth, while keeping IT budgets intact. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address these challenges.
Recent years have seen growing interest in various approaches to clouds and server virtualization. So far, most cloud use cases focus on application servers. Yet, there are many reasons user organisations also need a “database cloud” for database management systems (DBMSs), data, and data-driven applications such as business intelligence (BI) and data warehousing (DW). Read more.
Almost all respondents report data growth over the past year and one-third of respondents report the amount of data within their enterprises grew by 25% or more in this time period. Almost one out of ten sites now has data stores in the petabyte range. A third of respondents report the amount of data within their enterprises grew by 25% or more over the past year. Read more.
In today’s world, corporations are generating massive amounts of data, requiring advanced techniques to protect, store and analyze this data. Database management systems have thus become an integral part of the day to day operation of a business. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address the rise in costs associated with managing a database platform on a day-to-day basis. Read more.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith shareholders left out in the cold
- Corporate “No-Cloud” policy in 2020 will be as rare as a “No-Internet” policy today
- A UK 'Brexit' may have a sunny side for tech
- Top legal tips for startups in the digital space
- Google goes after SharePoint with new enterprise tools
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (J2EE/ SQL*PLUS/PL/SQL/PRO*C) 160617/AP/983Asia
- CCProject Master SchedulerVIC
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectNSW
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLevel 1 & 2 Helpdesk (Need SAP, ERP system experience)NSW
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCUX DesignersQLD
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCMulesoft Integration DeveloperWA
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW