Cloud computing is a model for enabling convenient, on-demand network access to a shared pool of configurable computing resources or shared services. The key benefits of cloud computing are reduced costs, reduced complexity, improved quality of service, and increased flexibility when responding to changes in workload. Read more.
This paper focuses on key Oracle Database 11g capabilities that help IT departments better optimise their storage infrastructure, enabling administrators to deliver a cost-effective, scalable data management platform that is easy to manage, reduces costs, and protects data while continuing to deliver the performance and availability that today’s businesses require.
Leveraging data in innovative ways offers businesses unparalleled opportunities to understand and respond to the needs of a rapidly moving and changing market. Yet as an increasing volume of data from ever-growing numbers of sources pours into data centres, today’s enterprise is just as likely to drown in its data as it is to harness it for a strategic market advantage. Read more.
British Telecommunications depends heavily on its database infrastructure to support critical business applications. But the complexity of managing thousands of databases representing a mix of products, versions, operating systems, and hardware was taking a toll. Read more.
Greater flexibility, improved performance, lower costs – the list of cloud benefits goes on and on. While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how it will integrate with existing applications and systems.
This valuable resource explores the need for seamless integration when adopting a cloud strategy, and introduces an approach that can ease your integration woes. Read on to learn more now.
Over the last several decades, database management systems have become an integral part of every corporate IT landscape. The challenge for every organisation that tracks large amounts of data is to cost effectively deal with explosive growth, while keeping IT budgets intact. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address these challenges.
Recent years have seen growing interest in various approaches to clouds and server virtualization. So far, most cloud use cases focus on application servers. Yet, there are many reasons user organisations also need a “database cloud” for database management systems (DBMSs), data, and data-driven applications such as business intelligence (BI) and data warehousing (DW). Read more.
Almost all respondents report data growth over the past year and one-third of respondents report the amount of data within their enterprises grew by 25% or more in this time period. Almost one out of ten sites now has data stores in the petabyte range. A third of respondents report the amount of data within their enterprises grew by 25% or more over the past year. Read more.
In today’s world, corporations are generating massive amounts of data, requiring advanced techniques to protect, store and analyze this data. Database management systems have thus become an integral part of the day to day operation of a business. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address the rise in costs associated with managing a database platform on a day-to-day basis. Read more.
There are two types of data: the kind of data that someone wants to steal and everything else. Most security professionals today do not understand the motivations behind data theft. In this Forrester whitepaper, we explore how encrypting, and thereby devaluing, your sensitive data, you can make cybercriminals bypass your networks and look for less robustly protected targets. Find out how to use encryption, tokenization, and other technologies to “kill your data". Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
- 5 Oppo F1s review: 2016 has another King of the Best Value phones
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andromeda inbound? Google's long-rumored Android/Chrome OS merger may debut Oct 4
- Microsoft sues repeat software pirate who owes company $1.2M from prior case
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding: Buying advice for Mac coders
- Not lost in translation: Researchers 'teach' computers to translate accurately
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- NSPython Developer (DevOps)NSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW