Messaging and collaboration platforms have emerged as mission critical applications, consuming a large portion of IT spending for organisations. The rich features in these applications have significantly changed the messaging requirements and needs of today’s information from anywhere with any device, the result is an ever increasing demand on storage systems both in terms of capacity and bandwidth. Many organisations are rethinking their storage strategies to meet the demanding criteria and to handle the future requirements. Read more.
In this whitepaper, IDC analyses the true return on investment for businesses using a consolidated approach to data protection, versus more siloed backup and archiving techniques. IDC conducted in-depth interviews with several organizations to gain insight into the realized benefits of an integrated data protection strategy, both in terms of cost savings and productivity.
Read how VMware found infrastructure that could handle hundreds of thousands of low-latency IOPS to service over 2500 concurrent active virtual machines.
· The infrastructure solution had to provision and deprovision labs with no impact on active students
· Platform resiliency was crucial
· With four all-flash arrays, results involved high levels of consistent and predictable IOPS performance under demanding workload conditions
The next generation of application server solutions has arrived but will you recognise them when you see them? It’s time to take another look at how new technologies challenge the efficacy of traditional architectural approaches, beyond virtualisation and into the future.
As business operations become more complex, the demand for change in IT increases, along with the associated risks that must be mitigated. Today’s IT professionals are asked to manage more information and deliver it to their users in a timely manner with ever-increasing quality of service. And in today’s economic climate, IT must also reduce budgets and derive greater value out of existing investments. Read more.
This paper provides recommendations and best practices for optimizing virtualisation infrastructures when deploying the Oracle Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure. It covers deployment of software, hardware, storage, and network components and is intended to serve as a practical guide to help IT organisations get up and running quickly while maximising the benefits of Oracle VM.
As the era of “Big Data” marches on unabated, data is coming from an ever wider range of sources, including transactional systems, mobile devices, sensors, streaming media, and social networks. Businesses are looking for innovative ways to better leverage terabytes—and for some, petabytes—of information. Read more.
This whitepaper provides an overview of the evaluation process a Global Fortune 500 corporation completed to test the various features included in Oracle Advanced Compression Option, as well as the impact on space and performance they experienced.
The Oracle Exadata Database Machine is an easy to deploy solution for hosting the Oracle Database that delivers the highest levels of database performance available. The Exadata Database Machine is a “cloud in a box” composed of database servers, Oracle Exadata Storage Servers, an InfiniBand fabric for storage networking and all the other components required to host an Oracle Database. Read more.
In today’s complex and ever changing IT landscape, organisations are finding themselves faced with a growing array of IT management challenges. With such an explosive growth in the number of databases, data volumes, and application requirements, management of database environments is becoming far more complex. The purpose of this database manageability and productivity cost comparison study is to provide IT decision makers with factual information to address these challenges.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportNSW
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD