The CFO as Technology Evangelist is a research report commissioned by Oracle and Accenture, in collaboration with Longitude Research, that explores how modern CFOs and finance executives are adopting emerging technologies within their finance functions to enable the development of new capabilities and to transform the role of finance.
If your business has plans that include aggressive growth and aspires to be a best-in-class organization, your IT systems and applications need to be up to the task. Homegrown solutions or outdated software can hamper the execution of your strategic vision. If your IT infrastructure and maintenance costs are affecting your ability to stay competitive, then a cloud-based enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite is well worth exploring. This eBook explores the core components of a cloud-based ERP solution that delivers enterprise-class software without sacrificing functionality or changes to business processes and with no additional cost for infrastructure and complicated integrations.
Businesses are realizing that the cloud is the future of enterprise software and offers many attractive business benefits. But there is much to think about when evaluating the potential move to a cloud model, especially for core systems like ERP.
View IDC’s White Paper ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business, written by Mike Fauscette, Group Vice President, Software Business Solutions, IDC, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine which deployment option could provide the biggest benefits for your organization. View the White Paper to discover:
How to run your business more effectively in the cloud; How to choose the right deployment model for your ERP solutions; How new technologies create opportunities to innovate, giving you that competitive advantage
Read how Perth-based safety footwear manufacturer, Steel Blue, was able to cut costs with shipping and improve efficiency while meeting the growing demand for their products as they expanded their national and export markets and increased their local market share, all thanks to a new ERP system.
Read how ETEL Limited, a pioneering design and manufacture business in New Zealand, managed to perfect their expansion into new markets by utilising an ERP system to support growth and provide “one source for truth” accessible to the entire organisation.
With the agility and intelligence provided by their management tools, Columbia sportswear is transforming IT to be much more service oriented in fulfilling business requests and delivering resources as needed. It’s allowing IT to “never say no” with an infrastructure that can handle nearly any project that comes through the door.
Finding a needle in a hay stack is hard, but the task pales in comparison to finding a specific needle in a pile of needles. Selecting the ideal Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution can feel just as daunting. ERP represents a serious investment for any organisation and is vital to future success. This report explores the strategies organisations are employing to find the right ERP fit that will give them the tools they need to thrive.
If you’re looking for your first ERP system or looking to upgrade from an existing system, the evaluation, selection and implementation process is a long-term strategic decision for your organisation. To help you through this process, here are eight simple steps for a successful ERP system selection.
Technology has transformed the broader world of business software and consumer applications. Workers now interact through mobile devices and social media, and applications are increasingly connected together over the web. But many ERP deployments have remained oblivious to these tectonic changes—it’s as if the iPhone was never invented, social media was a futuristic concept and connecting ERP to web channels was a kooky concept for the dabbling few.
There are plenty of real-world examples of how companies large and small have transformed themselves by leveraging the cloud. The cloud is transforming business operations for those organisations that are prepared to look beyond their fears of the unknown and explore what is possible. A colleague once said to me, “Tom, moving to the cloud makes too much sense…if we don’t do it, we will fail as a company.” Read this whitepaper by Tom Kelly, Managing Director of T-Edward, Inc.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- New Skype Preview lets Windows 10 Insiders manage phone texts on PCs
- 5 ways Cisco could become an iPhone's best friend
- Skype is getting infused with conversational “bots”
- Anonabox promises a portable, streamlined way to use Tor to hide your online tracks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC