Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.
The Singapore office was using Exchange as its email server but encountered various issues such as storage capacity limitations and difficulty in managing spam. Adding new users to the server was also a hassle that often required a third party vendor, resulting in a waste of time and resources.
Quadmark also experienced email performance issues that slowed down their employees’ response time, leading to frustration among staff and clients.
Quadmark’s management felt that it was unacceptable to continue it’s current solution and thus decided to streamline its IT infrastructure alongside its rebranding plans. The business wanted a unified and consolidated email service for its various offices. Quadmark also wanted to be able to house files and documents on the cloud.
Radicati Market Quadrants illustrate how individual vendors fit within a specific technology market, classifying them as niche specialists, up-and-coming pioneers, today’s top players or yesterday’s leaders. In August 2013, Radicati used this model t o assess and compare 14 cloud business email providers, including Google.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- HP partners with Intel to invigorate STEM (+4 photos)
- NBN set to hit 1 million connections
- nbn on track to meet its financial year plan: Bill Morrow
- 5 products Intel could cut in its reshuffle
- Bitcoin exchanges set to be covered by anti-money-laundering rules
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- CCChange Manager x 2NSW
- CCOnline Shop Operations Consultant (eCommerce)VIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCLead Administrator - Network and SecurityNSW
- CCSolution Architect - JULY STARTACT
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Analyst Designer / AWS and AzureVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- FTSenior DBA / Team LeadVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCChange LeadACT
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCProject Support CoordinatorQLD
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCTest Execution ManagerVIC