The Singapore office was using Exchange as its email server but encountered various issues such as storage capacity limitations and difficulty in managing spam. Adding new users to the server was also a hassle that often required a third party vendor, resulting in a waste of time and resources.
Quadmark also experienced email performance issues that slowed down their employees’ response time, leading to frustration among staff and clients.
Quadmark’s management felt that it was unacceptable to continue it’s current solution and thus decided to streamline its IT infrastructure alongside its rebranding plans. The business wanted a unified and consolidated email service for its various offices. Quadmark also wanted to be able to house files and documents on the cloud.
Radicati Market Quadrants illustrate how individual vendors fit within a specific technology market, classifying them as niche specialists, up-and-coming pioneers, today’s top players or yesterday’s leaders. In August 2013, Radicati used this model t o assess and compare 14 cloud business email providers, including Google.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- LinkedIn ProFinder helps freelancers land jobs
- What you need to do to stop data from leaving with exiting employees
- As Zika looms, a question arises: Who gets to telecommute?
- Surveys suss out Windows 10 enterprise migration timelines
- Facebook battles to banish News Feed clickbait
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Centre Solutions Architect - Red Hat, Wintel & VMware - CanberraACT
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCChange LeadsNSW
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- FTPython Data EngineerWA
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCHead of Enterprise Organisational Change- GovernanceNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW