The Singapore office was using Exchange as its email server but encountered various issues such as storage capacity limitations and difficulty in managing spam. Adding new users to the server was also a hassle that often required a third party vendor, resulting in a waste of time and resources.
Quadmark also experienced email performance issues that slowed down their employees’ response time, leading to frustration among staff and clients.
Quadmark’s management felt that it was unacceptable to continue it’s current solution and thus decided to streamline its IT infrastructure alongside its rebranding plans. The business wanted a unified and consolidated email service for its various offices. Quadmark also wanted to be able to house files and documents on the cloud.
Radicati Market Quadrants illustrate how individual vendors fit within a specific technology market, classifying them as niche specialists, up-and-coming pioneers, today’s top players or yesterday’s leaders. In August 2013, Radicati used this model t o assess and compare 14 cloud business email providers, including Google.
The days of relying solely on local storage and in-house servers to deliver your data are well behind us. These days, it makes sense to move some (if not all) of your business’s services into the Cloud.
From email to document management, much can be achieved with Internet services that can be accessed from anywhere in the world. The main benefit is that a proper Cloud service can make it easier to manage and share information with your workers and help boost productivity.
Here, then, are the main reasons to consider a service such as Google Apps.
Forrester Consulting has performed a total economic impact (TEI ) analysis, commissioned by Google, for organizations considering switching to Google Apps from a traditional, on-premise environment for messaging and collaboration. In a study entitled “The Total Economic Impact of Google Apps,” the research and advisory firm shows that Google Apps reduces IT costs while offering even greater gains in employee productivity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Google taps AI to help you bid for digital ads
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
- Yahoo abandons fight, sells internet business to Verizon for US$4.8B
- LinkedIn claims Rocket Data beats Apple's iOS caching
- IDC: Smartwatch sales decline for the first time
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Integration specialistACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCEnvironment Support AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSenior .Net Applications SupportACT
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- FTSAP PI ABAP SpecialistVIC
- CCeLearning Developer / Learning Management System AdministratorACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCTest CoordinatorQLD
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / BillingNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTPortfolio Project Governance AnalystNSW
- CCIT Project Manager - Data Centre ProjectNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW