When competition is tough and resources are limited, corporate leaders are depending on growing their existing capabilities in order to grow their business. Information technology can be a unique catalyst for business growth, delivering a competitive advantage when creatively applied to established and emerging problems. Read more on what trends are accelerating the value of IT.
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as:
• Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
Power management techniques for reducing IT energy consumption can provide significant opportunities for operational cost savings and other business value. To maximise effectiveness in the data centre, however, a holistic approach must be employed that identifies, monitors, and addresses all applicable energy-consuming components. Utilising the appropriate tools, enterprises can overcome the most challenging inhibitors to implementing “green IT” initiatives. In this white paper, we explore the best approaches to developing, deploying, and managing an effective data centre power management solution.
Out-of-control data centres that lack reliability and proper security often result in systemic instances of lost productivity and operational cost overruns. By proactively enabling services for controlling access to the infrastructure and monitoring for activity, management decisions can be made to improve data centre services that more effectively meet organizational requirements. In this whitepaper, we compare data centre management products, which provide both access control and holistic monitoring services to ensure reliable, secure, and cost effective data centre implementations. Click to download!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- More Dick Smith staff go as $2 million in underpayments is discovered
- Turn a barebones PC into a graphics powerhouse with AMD's new FirePro server GPUs
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
- Chromebooks are siphoning market share from Windows PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCETL DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Business AnalystSA
- CCProject Scheduler / Project Manager - IT InfrastructureNSW
- CCOracle Project OfficerSA
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCCRM Change Lead, OrganisationalNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW