When competition is tough and resources are limited, corporate leaders are depending on growing their existing capabilities in order to grow their business. Information technology can be a unique catalyst for business growth, delivering a competitive advantage when creatively applied to established and emerging problems. Read more on what trends are accelerating the value of IT.
To improve business processes and gain efficiency, its important to identify the signs that your ITSM solution is outdated, inefficient or both. In this paper we look at key questions'you should be asking, such as:
• Is your IT staff still using time-consuming manual methods to address common service requests and IT requirements? • Does your organisation lack an automated Service Request Management (SRM) system? • Is your current ITSM solution able to support all your IT reporting and information needs?
Power management techniques for reducing IT energy consumption can provide significant opportunities for operational cost savings and other business value. To maximise effectiveness in the data centre, however, a holistic approach must be employed that identifies, monitors, and addresses all applicable energy-consuming components. Utilising the appropriate tools, enterprises can overcome the most challenging inhibitors to implementing “green IT” initiatives. In this white paper, we explore the best approaches to developing, deploying, and managing an effective data centre power management solution.
Out-of-control data centres that lack reliability and proper security often result in systemic instances of lost productivity and operational cost overruns. By proactively enabling services for controlling access to the infrastructure and monitoring for activity, management decisions can be made to improve data centre services that more effectively meet organizational requirements. In this whitepaper, we compare data centre management products, which provide both access control and holistic monitoring services to ensure reliable, secure, and cost effective data centre implementations. Click to download!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkSA
- FTIteration ManagerSA
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCTechnical Change Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringSA
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperNSW
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions EngineerVIC
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)ACT
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- CCGIS ConsultantQLD
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCQuality and Testing Assurance SpecialistNSW
- CCProduct Designer - UIACT
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Analyst, PMO, WealthNSW
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD