After a series of acquisitions, the online travel booking business Wotif.com was running seven data centres – each with their own policies. While consolidating their environments into one, it needed have the ability to it’s protect data and endpoints in a heterogeneous environment. Find out the company met its needs whilst making a six figure saving in its infrastructure costs.
This paper provides a snapshot of what is happening in the arena of cloud computing. What are the benefits? Why are businesses embracing it? What does it mean to a business owner or executive? How does it affect the workplace? What are the payoffs and the pitfalls? Is it really ready for "prime time"?
For years, many support teams have been hamstrung by their traditional service desk platforms, which require complex, time-consuming coding for virtually every aspect of customisation. This paper can show how organisations can complete their initial deployments quickly, easily and adapt efficiently to the evolving needs of the business with Nimsoft Service Desk.
Because of the growing complexity of IT architecture, organisations need to think more strategically about their approach to license and asset management. In this whitepaper, we hear the insights from industry leaders and discuss five reasons why IT departments need a centralised, coordinated and proactive approach to license and asset management. Click to download!
IT infrastructure is the backbone of today's modern business. It enables rapid expansion into new, fast-growing markets. It is at the core of new customer services offerings such as mobile commerce. It is the key to successfully exploiting an explosion in data and data analytics within business processes.
This white paper discusses how virtualisation helps organizations around the globe turn their IT infrastructures into true competitive assets. We take a look at the challenges facing today’s organizations as they seek to implement the foundations of a virtualized infrastructure and present some best practices for these implementations. Read on.
Flash is quickly emerging as the preferred way to overcome the nagging performance limitations of hard disk drives. However, because flash comes at a significant price premium, outright replacement of HDDs with flash only makes sense in situations in which capacity requirements are relatively small and performance requirements are high. Learn how deployment approaches-including hybrid storage arrays, server flash, and all-flash arrays-that combine the performance of flash with the capacity of HDDs can be cost effective for a broad range of performance requirements.
Read how the University of Maryland University College boosted faculty and staff productivity by refreshing outdated computers and migrating to a standardized Windows 7 environment. • UMUC has the largest enrolment of any public university in the US and was one of the first universities in the US to offer online degree programs • The university operates a large distributed IT infrastructure with thousands of desktops • After upgrading its desktop environment, the number of help desk requests has fallen, and the volume of calls related to hardware failures has dropped significantly
As mobile workstyles reinvent the way people and businesses operate, IT organisations have never been in a better position to enable new levels of mobility, productivity and efficiency. Yet they are constrained by the high cost of their legacy endpoint environment, which prevents them from making strategic investments in innovation. In this whitepaper, we look at different case studies that have transformed their business by looking at solutions that deliver mobility within their existing budget. Click to download!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP upgrades the Envy 13 laptop with Kaby Lake, debuts the 4K Envy 27 display
- HP's Spectre x360 puts Kaby Lake and Thunderbolt into a thinner, faster package
- Apple to replace defective USB-C cables that shipped with some 12-inch MacBooks
- Like Chromebooks, thumb-size PCs will bloom
- Apple's Q1: Record $US18.4 billion profit, but iPhone sales are slowing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Projects Engineer | Systems Integration and IT Managed ServicesNSW
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Large Site relocation projectNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTWeb and Mobile iOS/Android Developer (Permanent)NSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerQLD
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- TPBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- CCIAM Technical Specialist/ConsultantWA
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCIngres DeveloperSA