802.11ac is well on its way to becoming the standard for next-generation Wi-Fi. The gigabit speed, improved capacity and reliability that 802.11ac brings to wireless LANs (WLANs) are amplified as mobile users, devices and application usage continue to grow rapidly. In this whitepaper, we look at the five steps for successful migration to an 802.11ac WLAN.
Although residential Wi-Fi applications are a primary focus for these 802.11ac technologies, they will also have a considerable impact on enterprise wireless LANs (WLANs). Both increasing the wireless bandwidth in a cell and the trend towards multiple antennas will make it easier to provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage around physical obstructions, such as elevator shafts and stair wells. Download to learn more.
While corporations are issuing a growing array of wireless devices into the workplace, employees, partners and guests are also bringing in personal smartphones, tablets and laptops and expect to be able to connect them to the network seamlessly. Find out how your organisations can deliver high-performance applications, anywhere, on any device and over any access media.
Network hacking and corporate espionage are on the rise and set to intensify. Information security risks remain commonplace, and most organisations need to increase vigilance. This paper has analyses the realistic threats to fibre optic Ethernet networks – both at the LAN and WAN level. Read now.
802.11n is delivering on promises to bring revolutionary advances in throughput and capacity to the wireless LAN. For the first time in the history of the development of IEEE 802.11 networks, wireless LAN speeds are comparable to commonly used wired technologies. Now that wireless LAN users have access to speeds well in excess of 100 Mbps, wireless LANs can no longer be treated as an afterthought.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- Malicious online ads expose millions to possible hack
- How to get a word count with Microsoft Office for iPad
- Twitter gets new product head and team from app startup Yes
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCFacilities Coordinator/ Data Centre Coordinator- Multiple RolesVIC
- FTStorage Systems Administrator l HDS & EMC TechnologiesNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- CCTest AnalystACT
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- PTService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- CCVBA DeveloperNSW
- FTEngineering ManagerACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- TPPHP Programmer - SeniorQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD