With Oracle audits on the rise, organisations that can best align license agreements with actual database and option usage can reduce their financial risk and maximise the value of their Oracle investments. The goal is to “right-size” Oracle across the enterprise and gain control over the entire license management process – from accurate needs projections and licensing negotiations, to deployments and audit preparation. Read on.
Optimised license management is a necessity for all licenses owned by the enterprise. While organisations are starting to understand their license position for the desktop estate, the reality is that licensing in the datacenter presents a daunting set of challenges that require a robust, automated license management solution. Learn about how to address the unique license management requirements of all enterprise IT environments including the desktop and the datacenter.
IBM provides thousands of products in its portfolio and uses a variety of license models, contract terms and conditions. These license models can be very complex, causing frequent confusion for organisations trying to grasp the concepts while maintaining license compliance. While at first IBM licensing may seem incomprehensible, some education on the license models and licensing scenarios will help minimise the confusion. In addition, a more automated approach to managing licenses enables organisations to gain control, reduce ongoing software costs and minimise license liability risks. Read on.
Software asset management (SAM) is a complex process that enables organisations to gain control of their software estate from both a license compliance and financial standpoint. In many organisations, SAM represents one of the few remaining ways that substantial IT savings can be realised. McKinsey and Sand-Hill Group estimate that 30% or more of IT budgets are consumed by software license and maintenance costs. By optimising the SAM process, organisations can maximise software utilisation, reduce the risk of non-compliance (audits, fees, penalties), and reduce overall IT costs by as much as 5 to 10% per year. Read on.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Amazon will literally truck your data into its cloud
- New supercomputer will unite x86, Power9 and ARM chips
- AWS comes out swinging with A.I. services
- How Trump will attack the FCC's net neutrality rules
- San Francisco’s Muni transit system reportedly hit by ransomware
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - Sydney - Leading OrganisationNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCLearning & Development SpecialistACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedVIC
- CCSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager / Business Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)NSW
- CCHelpdesk Support- LANNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTField Systems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTLead Frontend DeveloperNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCRed Hat Linux SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCChange Manager (Office365) required for leading digital innovator in SydneyNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTChange AnalystVIC